General Does this work on Live EQ or is this non Sony only?
Does this work on Live EQ or is this non Sony only?
I've spent about 20 minutes browsing the site... I can't quite tell if this software can be used on live or just on non-sony servers.

I think I saw a post that indicated that it depends on whether your version of mq is compiled and will work on the version of eqgame.exe... so basically if someone has updated the mq code.. it will work with live?

Is this software viable for someone who only plays Sony's servers? Currently I run 6 chars on IS boxer, but its clumsy and I want to start running 18-20 chars. I'm an old school mudder so I'm used to botting the hell out of a game and this client looks like the kind of botting I'm used too.

If it matters, I'm very Unix and programming/recompiling friendly.
Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:53 pm
The downloads aren't compatible with Live. On Live, every patch updates the client. Different offsets. Sometimes different anti-hacking detection or structs.

The MQ2 download for the RoF client requires the RoF client from Dec/Jan and not the RoF found on Live today.

Updating/recompiling is possible for the Live client but it's not a simple version number/date change.
Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:12 am
Senior Project Member
Thanks for the reply.
Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:40 pm
Sorry :)
The thought has crossed my mind but the work involved in keeping up with the patches scares me away. You could always give Emu a shot!
Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:27 pm
Project Lead
General Does this work on Live EQ or is this non Sony only?