General complete newb needs help
complete newb needs help
OK read as much as i could now i need help. I downloaded and installed it, program will connect and seems to be working with basic hot keys i made from the stickies in the forums. I am using titanium version boxing with a shaman and monk. here are my questions;

1. when i use melee on my monk he will not use kick. he will stick and auto attack not use kick, mend ect. i have checked setup and they are set to on, and yes my kick skill does have 25 points into it (only level 5)

2. when i group up it says LDR by my name. Can others see this I didnt know if this is a give away i am using macros or if it is even allowed on the private server i play on.

3. is there a way my monk will auto accept group to avoid alt tabbing.

4. the holyshit or downshit can anyone link me the forum for a tutorial for these I would like for monk to practice feign death and such in down time.

5. last but not least anyone have recommended monk macros to use or what i should be using>

Thank you so much for your assistance.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:21 am
1: make sure you have the kick skill mapped to a button. Click al A or whatever to bring up the little ability window with 6 buttons. Make sure one of them is kick. Then try it.

2: I'm not familiar with the LDR thing that shows up so I don't know what you're talking about but I can say with a fair amount of confidence that others can't. While stealth isn't really one of our causes the core of MQ was designed with it in mind.... Although if I were you I would try to find out if it is legal on your server and urge you to comply. People get caught and lose their characters... I'm one of them. Someone just recently reminded me that they were caught because their forum name here was similar to their game character which made them a watched suspect. They may not see LDR but there are other unavoidable tell tale signs like running straight to mobs that pop across the zone.

3: look into mq2autogroup, you can also add a chat event to your macro
Macro
More +

#event Invite "#*# invited you to join a group."

Sub event_invite
     /invite
/return

4: beyond my knowledge, someone else will have too advise,

5: adding you to private macro forum so you can look in there
Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:07 am
Project Lead
thank you for the fast response I deleted ini had one remade roundkick is on both ability and combat same issue it will not use secondary skills just autoattack
Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:32 am
1. when i use melee on my monk he will not use kick. he will stick and auto attack not use kick, mend ect. i have checked setup and they are set to on, and yes my kick skill does have 25 points into it (only level 5)

MQ2Melee won't use a skill unless several things are true.
1. The skill must be on a button in one of 3? windows. The Combat Tab, the Abilities Tab or the Disciplines Tab. Having a button in your hotbar does not count.
2. You must have a skill of 1 or greater.
3. In the case of skills that use the same timer, kick vs round kick, you may need to disable one to use the other. Disable FK, Eagle Strike, Dragon Punch, Tiger Claw, Round Kick, etc.

2. when i group up it says LDR by my name. Can others see this I didnt know if this is a give away i am using macros or if it is even allowed on the private server i play on.

If you take a screenshot others can see it in the screenshot.

If you use macros, there will be easy ways to tell if you are using macros but the LDR thing isn't one of them. Make sure MQ2 is legal for the server you play on.

3. is there a way my monk will auto accept group to avoid alt tabbing.

In addition to what Maudigan said about MQ2Autogroup and macro event, you can use an MQ2Events event or a simple command placed on a social/hotkey:
/bct Monkname //keypress ctrl+i

4. the holyshit or downshit can anyone link me the forum for a tutorial for these I would like for monk to practice feign death and such in down time.

Link to MQ2Melee forum documentation. I'm not sure if you are going to find anything useful in there about using MQ2Melee to skill up FD though. It's usually a macro that does that sort of thing since you don't want to accidentally have your monk FD while not in downtime.

Macro
More +

Sub Main
:loop
/if (${Me.AbilityReady[Feign Death]}) {
   /stand
   /delay 2
   /doability "Feign Death"
}
/goto :loop
/return

5. last but not least anyone have recommended monk macros to use or what i should be using>

If I had a monk and shaman, I would be macroing the shaman and playing the monk. Same would be true for any puller type character in a 2-box.

MQ2Melee can handle everything combat related and even handle self clicky buffs. Anything I would macro on a monk I would want to macro on every other character as well: stick, follow, camp, use tribute, use lesson, etc. Those can be handled via typed commands (/bct or /bcaa), macro events, MQ2Event events, or built into many multi-boxing macros.

If you are going to stay a 2-box team, then plugins + hotkets + events are what I would use. If you plan to eventually add more than 2, then I'd go straight for the multi-boxing macro.
Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:05 am
Senior Project Member
thank you grumble!!!!!
Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:52 pm
General complete newb needs help