General Rogue + MQ2melee fail
Rogue + MQ2melee fail
One of my guildmates has a rogue that won't attack using MQ2Melee. we created rogues abuot the same time and pushed them up in level through PL so this is the first time they have actually been used and his will not attack. I even pulled it up on my PC and used the same routine I use on my rogue, but it will not attack.

When you hit the attack key... it inches up a bit but will not /stick to the mob or turn on attack. I compared the .ini's and /melee set up for each and they are exactly the same so I am lost here. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this before and has a "Hey, did you..." fix for this?

By breaking down the commands (removing the multiline) I see he will:

target my target
stick 10 behind uw

but will not //killthis

I can do //attack on and he will attack, but something is wacky here if he won't use the /killthis.

Thanks
Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:53 pm
Did you run the other rogue on your computer? If not, try that to ensure it's not an issue with OS/client/MQ2 settings on one of the computers. Make sure to setup the required UI settings as well. Alternatively, ensure the other computer has a character that successfully runs MQ2Melee.

Make sure you have at least 1 point in every ability the rogue is setup to use. Make sure to make a button on the combat tab or abilities tab or disciplines window for every ability the rogue is setup to use. Double, triple and quadruple check this for every affected skill if assassinate=1 or strike=1 is used.
Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:36 am
Senior Project Member
I put both rogues on my PC and one uses /killthis.. the other will not.

I'll go back to quadruple check combat skills set up, but at this point the only difference I can see is the bad one has purchased AAs for Trap skills. /shrug
Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:58 am
Did he take it to the skill trainer yet? If so, did he use the same skill trainer you used? I know that is kind of a dumb suggestion but it seems the only difference is the toon.
Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:38 pm
If the problem isn't fixed and is using assassinate, try turning it off. For that matter, try turning off all abilities aside from the basic attack.
Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:46 pm
Senior Project Member
Assassinate is the issue. For some reason when you edit that =0 he will do his thing. Uses backstab too. Is that an issue/bug inherent to MQ2 melee? sounds like it maybe.
Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:39 pm
Assassinate has long had issues. Including being spelled wrong for a long time..
Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:24 am
Senior Project Member
Assasinate (as it's spelled by MQ2Melee) won't appear as an in game /melee option until:
sneak=1
hide=1
strike=1
there is a sneak button and hide button on the abilities page/tab (cntl-A)
there is some strike disc on the combat abilities window (alt C).
sneak skill >=1
hide skill >=1

If all this is true, assassinate seems to work intermittently on Titanium. I'd guesstimate the chance of a sneak attack disc being activated is ~50%.
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:34 am
Senior Project Member
In either SoD or UF the spelling was fixed, forget when exactly.

I would say < 50% in UF
Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 pm
Senior Project Member
The problem with assassinate might be that it's waiting for the rogue to successfully sneak and hide. With a new rogue, this can take a long time.
Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 pm
General Rogue + MQ2melee fail