General EQBC and MQ2Cast question
EQBC and MQ2Cast question
I sincerely apologize if this is a stupid question. I'm very new to MQ2, and I have a question about using EQBC with 3 casters in my group. I box a mag/wiz/enc and I know how to use individual commands to cast a spell continuously until the mob dies. My question is how can i get this to work on 1 hotkey with each character? Do i have to type out individual /bct commands to each caster? I know you can put them into a caster group on EQBC but unless theres a way to keep casting gem 1 without having to specify theres no way around having to send them each individual commands correct? Again, sorry if this is a dumb question.
Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:48 pm
The MQ2Cast plugin requires either a spell name or spellid. Unless each caster is casting the same spell, you have to issue a separate command for each character. In your case, one hotkey which issues three /bct commands.

You'll probably want to setup a macro to be able to issue a single command and have it work for each character.

However, it's possible to configure MQ2Melee to cast nukes. You can configure each character to use their class specific spells that way. You would tell your casters to start nuking via MQ2Melee's /killthis command, same as if they were a melee. While possible, I don't recommend this method for actual play. It's a great way to learn MQ2 stuff and also to learn how to use the plugin, but there will be some issues that crop up.
Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:34 pm
Senior Project Member
Ok I was just making sure there wasn't an easier way that I was missing. Thanks for the input!
Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:31 am
you will /bct to each character if you are going to do it with hotkeys and commands and not a macro.

simple command on three lines of a hotkey, juct change the spell name and caster name on each line
Macro
More +
/bct CasterName //casting "Spell Name" Gem# -targetid|${Target.ID} -retries|3 -kill

example:
Macro
More +
/bct Sorvani //casting "Black Ice" 1 -targetid|${Target.ID} -retries|3 -kill

Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:37 pm
Senior Project Member
General EQBC and MQ2Cast question