General MQ2MoveUtils "/stick behind"
MQ2MoveUtils "/stick behind"
Hello All,

I recently upgraded to the Underfoot Client, along with the appropriate MQ2 build from here. Since I have done this, my /stick behind is extremely slow.

Macro's aside for now, if I simply target toon b from toon a and type /stick behind 50%, toon a quickly moves to toon b in a straight line and then every few seconds moves a tiny bit towards the back of toon b. This goes on and on until toon a finally reaches the back of toon b 30+ seconds later.

If i do a /stick snaproll, it works fine, but this will not work for what i am trying to accomplish.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:45 pm
50%.... 50% of what? use a distance in there not a percent and see how it works
Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:29 pm
Senior Project Member
Any number you put after the behind works the same. I've tried /stick behind 5 and it does the same thing.
Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:07 am
Are you using wineq?
Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:20 pm
Project Lead
Yes I am
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:05 pm
Try it with wineq unloaded. Macroquest "pulses" when a frame is rendered. Most plugins and all macro's run their code during these pulses. Wineq, and other utilities (including built in frame rate limiter) decrease the rate at which the frames are rendered. Typically the effect is to increase system resources by limiting rendering on background sessions of EQ. You won't notice much difference for most plugins as they are pulsing a few times a second instead of several dozen, but on plugins that make movements such as following routines or moveutils you will notice degraded performance.

In the same vein, make sure you dont have MQ2FPS loaded, and that frame rate limiting is disabled in the EQ options menu (it's an underfoot feature).
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:12 pm
Project Lead
It's worth noting that some people notice and improvement after making these changes but still have some issues with background sessions. We haven't found anything specifically broken aside from it appearing to just be poor performance in background sessions. Most people notice moveutils performance is inversely proportional to how many clients they are running. The only work around beyond shuting down frame rate limiters, and decreasing client count is to swap over to the misbehaving character (bring his window to the foreground) and the odd behavior usually corrects itself rapidly once that client has foreground priority.
Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:55 pm
Project Lead
Thanks for the tips Maudigan. Unfortunately, I still experience the problem when I do not use WinEQ2.

I have also tried changing Max Background FPS (in the underfoot advanced options) to both Min. CPU and Unlimited. I do not see a way to turn it off, other than making it unlimited maybe? I was sure to zone each time i made a change in these advanced options.

I have been testing with only two client's open. When switching to the client that's running the macro, it still does not work. He just stays in front of the mob, moving very slowly.

One slight thing that is different now is that manually typing /stick behind 50% moves him immediately behind the pc/npc in question. But, the second i run my macro, i see MQ2MoveUtils issuing the stick commands, but he does not actually stick behind the mob, just stays in front of it. Below is the output during a fight in my MQ2 window:

MQ2MoveUtils:: Dir(Behind) Dist(10.00) Head(True)

I have played with distances, percentages and tried loose (instead of Head(True).

I'm at a loss =(
Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:27 pm
Update:

Whenever i put a /delay 30 between the stick command and the attack command, it works. Very odd.

Here is what I ended up doing to get it to work:

/stick behind 15
/Delay 30
/attack on

Obviously this is not ideal, I would rather it attack immediately, but it's better than it was before. I'm not sure why this changes with UF.
Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:38 pm
Do you use MQ2Melee?
Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:15 am
Senior Project Member
Yes sir
Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:33 pm
MQ2Melee can be configured to use it's own stick settings, independent of the "/stick behind 15" macro command that preceeded it. Do you have a "stickcommand=" entry in the [MQ2Melee] section of your ini?
Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:37 am
Senior Project Member
I do not, but I will explore this. Thank you!
Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:26 am
General MQ2MoveUtils "/stick behind"