General Suggestion: don't show that 15 drop default loot list
Suggestion: don't show that 15 drop default loot list
There seems to be a default loot table which is applied to mobs when no other loot list is defined. You know the one. Look up ethereal parchment (I'm pretty sure there aren't 32632 mobs dropping ethereal parchments) and then select any mob with a 6% drop rate of ethereal parchment. Click the Drops (15) Tables link. That one.

Simple copy/paste:
Macro
More +
Table: 1    Probability: 35%    Multiplier: 1
Item    Type    Chance
Sapphire        Combinable      50%
Blue Diamond    Combinable      50%

Table: 2    Probability: 25%    Multiplier: 1
Item    Type    Chance
Semi Precious Stone Chunk       Gems    25%
Enameled Gargoyle Eye   Gems    25%
Flake of Gold Leaf      Gems    25%
Pile of Gravel  Combinable      25%

Table: 3    Probability: 35%    Multiplier: 1
Item    Type    Chance
Lupine Runed Armband    Armor   50%
Serpent Insignia Collar         Armor   50%

Table: 4    Probability: 6%    Multiplier: 1
Item    Type    Chance
Ethereal Parchment      Gems    100%

Table: 5    Probability: 16%    Multiplier: 1
Item    Type    Chance
Brick of Crude Iron Ore         Gems    100%

Table: 6    Probability: 5%    Multiplier: 1
Item    Type    Chance

Table: 7    Probability: 50%    Multiplier: 1
Item    Type    Chance
Kyv String      Gems    20%
Kyv Cam         Gems    20%
Symbol of the Kyv       Gems    20%
Kyv Balm        Gems    20%
Kyv Bow         Archery         20%

As near as I can tell, the mobs which are listed as having this loot table...don't actually have this loot table. I don't think they drop anything at all.

I'm sure there is some technical reason the table exists for so many mobs in the database, but it makes searches a PITA.
Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:58 pm
Senior Project Member
Okay, it's fixed! I also updated some other things.

Drops:
The tabular drop tables are gone, they are all graphical now. All the charts are interactive to some degree. There are two drop views, one that shows tables as pie charts. This one has changed slightly. There is a chance for the table to drop, then chances for each item if the table succesfully drops. Previously these were seperate and you would have to calculate. So for example a table could drop 50% of the time, and if it did item X could have a 50% chance. This would give you a 25% drop rate. NOW I have added a "Nothing" item to the pie charts. So the table no longer shows its own drop chance, but basically if its less than 100% that shows up as a nothing drop. The previous example would now show a 75% Nothing, and a 25% Item X.

I also added a drops per kill table. It basically gives you your % chance of obtaining an item in a single kill.

General info and spells cast are the same.

Spawn points is basically the same but there is now an additional chart that will graphically show you the most active spawn point for camping a certain mob. It does this in the form of average spawns per day.

Sold items is now a chart... but I might swap it back to a table, I don't know that it is necessary to compare item prices in that manner... let me know if this is a lame change.
Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:34 pm
Project Lead
Also... previously all of the information was delivered with a page view and it was hidden/displayed using javascript. It is now done serverside to save resources because of increased traffic. This unfortunately makes it more difficult to display result counts in parenthesis by the links. Like "Spells Cast(15)" will now simply be "Spells Cast".

The added benefit of this is when you hit your back button it will actually show you what you were previously looking at instead of the javascript directing you to the General Info page.
Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:36 pm
Project Lead
Drop Tables, Item Drop Odds, and Sold Items appear blank to me. I can't find that info on any NPC.

I'm a fan of the table views but I have a head for numbers and the math is easy for me. I hope the Drops per Kill table has the same basic format.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice to be able to look up Ethereal Parchment (or those other 15 items) and not get a list of 32,000+ mobs. It appears to be just those 15 items which mess everything up. Perhaps a custom/saved search results which strip away the fake mobs. Now I'm even more curious why that loot entry exists.
Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:47 pm
Senior Project Member
Perhaps everywhere there is a chart I can do tabular data beside it. That way if your JavaScript is disabled you can still at least see tables. I didn't think to fix the item search page yet, just the npc page.
Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:03 pm
Project Lead
If it is at all possible and not too much work: the one thing I would like to see added is the ability to see all spawn points of a certain mob when you select it from the zone view or the drop information. Today you only get a select few of them, but I guess this is due do same named mobs sometimes having different level.

The same thing in regards to which mob drop a certain item.

Thanks!
Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 am
You are correct about the different level being the issue. I considered making an alternate npc page that pulled mobs up bully name instead of ID. This would overcome that and give you what you want, but it comes with alot of issues. Having the same name doesn't mean their general info, spells, merchant tables, factions, procs, or drop tables would be the same or even remotely similar. If such a page existed it would only show spawn points by name. It wouldn't be that difficult to create, the existing npc.php could be repurposed, but it's not clear in my head where it would be linked from. Perhaps a "by name" link on the standard npc page... I'm not sure.

To illustrate the issue, the orc pawns in freeport are significantly different than the ones in crushbone. Even worse are the huge variance in "a skeleton" around the world; they are anywhere from level 1 to 74.
Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:09 pm
Project Lead
General Suggestion: don't show that 15 drop default loot list