General underfoot client
underfoot client
i had to redownload sod/underfoot client from steam and now i cannot get the mq2 underfoot to do anything. any ideas if steam download is now changed further? did have it working awhile back and didnt touch the mq2 at all, just redownloaded from steam. i can log into servers but its like mq2 is not running at all, cant use any commands and eqbc isnt showing up as connected at all.
Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:14 pm
If the version has changed MQ will post an error message, incorrect build, or something similar. Have you had anything like that?
Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:05 pm
Project Lead
negative, start up mq2 and then start up underfoot and can get in just fine, just not showing any eqbc window and unable to issue any commands or plugins
Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:25 pm
Macro
More +
/plugin list

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:45 pm
Senior Project Member
run mq2 as admin.

if eq is escalated, and mq2 isnt...
Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:48 am
yes thank you... that was the issue. I had to run mq2 as admin since i was running underfoot as admin.
Mon May 02, 2011 6:22 pm
I seem to have run into this same issue. Things were fine a week ago and then I updated to the latest build of MQ2. I have no MQ2 output window visible, all the commands seem to be accepted, but nothing ever happens when I send them. I am running MQ2 as admin also.
Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:36 pm
This may seem totally pointless, but you can never underestimate "turn if off and back on" advice.

Delete your old MQ folder.

Restart your PC.

Download a new MQ folder, don't change anything in it. Don't swap out with your old config files or anything.

Double check that you are running Underfoot MQ and Underfoot EQ.

Don't run any other EQ altering utilities like WinEQ.

Start MQ as admin, then EQ as admin. MQ reads and writes to EQ using some built in windows functions. These functions are coded to prevent a non admin program from altering an admin program.

If that doesn't work... then I'm going to have to put on my WTF face. The last update to UF was about 6 weeks ago and nobody has made a peep about it having problems.
Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:43 pm
Project Lead
/plugin list and look for MQ2ChatWnd
If it is there go look at the ini file for it in your MQ2 directory and make sure it is not off your screen.
Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:44 am
Senior Project Member
Start MQ as admin, then EQ as admin. MQ reads and writes to EQ using some built in windows functions. These functions are coded to prevent a non admin program from altering an admin program.

I will only agree with this as a trouble shooting measure. For normal play I have zero issues running everything without administrator privileges.

That said, I also put everything NOT in any windows protected directory.
System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Core i5 16GB RAM (UAC is NOT turned off) and I never see a UAC prompt trying to play EQ.

Game: C:\eq\EverQuestUF\
MQ: C:\eq\MQEmu_Gold_UF\
WinEQ: C:\eq\WinEQ2\
Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:48 am
Senior Project Member
Yes Sorvani is correct about admin. It's not important or even advised to run them in admin mode. It's just important to confirm that they are in the same zone.
Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:02 am
Project Lead
So i found out what the problem was, rather odd and silly at the same time.
The plugin list in the Macroquest.ini was completely wiped out somehow. So not even the basic MQ2 dlls were being loaded.
Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:54 am
That is quite odd
Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:13 pm
Project Lead
General underfoot client