General How to join channels
How to join channels
I apologize for the ignorance, but I am not finding the method to assign toons to the caster or melee channels...

Thanks,
Adam
Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 pm
I've never actually used the channel functions, I'll let someone else fill you in if they can.

Sorvani did just let me know about an issue with channels, I haven't read all the way through it yet. You might make sure it's not just an error you are having: http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=990
Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 pm
Project Lead
Peasanthero.. did you check your PMs? I sent that info. In case you didn't... here it is again..

/bccmd channels assist
|Allows you to send commands to toons in that channel.

/bccmd channels caster
|A channel only casters will hear

You go to each individual toon and type the appropriate command for that toon type... i.e. Wizards,Mages, Necros and ENCs would want to type /bccmd channels caster

When you issue casting and -kill commands you use
/bct caster //casting <SPELL ID #> -kill

*Check your PM for a full explanation and complete hot key set up.

What Maudigan is referring to the use of multiple channels for a single toon. Useful at times, but I didn't give you any tips that would require you to use that functionality. Since it isn't working at the moment it's moot for you.
Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:42 pm
I was using the PM as my basis for starting to try using channels, actually. What an exceptionally fantastic starter guide that was!

Reading over this I think I know the problem. I think I was typing "channel" not "channels" - maybe that was it. I'll try it tomorrow! I will also check that error post, M, if my plural vs singular typo wasn't the issue.

Thanks,
Adam
Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:35 pm
I logged off last night and today I logged in and it works. In fact it appears to work both singular and plural, actually. I don't know what I was doing wrong yesterday, but today it worked first try.

Adam
Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 am
General How to join channels