Errors MQ2Melee crashes my cleric only
MQ2Melee crashes my cleric only
I'm running Titanium version of EQ, and the Titanium Classic version of MQEmulator.

I'm 6-boxing a warrior, monk, bard, ranger, shammy, and cleric. As of right now, all toons work just fine except the cleric. The cleric crashes as soon as I launch MQ2.

By editing the .ini file I've narrowed it down to MQ2Melee alone that is causing my cleric to crash.

I just started using MQEmulator a couple days ago. When I first started using MQEmulator I could launch MQ2 and all toons worked fine. I must have done something while trying to configure everything.

I realize this isn't enough information to find my problem. Is there a way I can reset any MQ2Melee settings for my cleric so that I can narrow this down farther?

Many thanks,
-s
Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:01 pm
Do you have an INI file for your cleric?
Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:53 pm
Project Lead
All my toons have a MQ2Twist_ToonName.ini file. They all look identical, including the bard's. That is the only toon specific .ini file in my mqemulator directory
Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:17 pm
If you're comfortable with it can you zip your MQ directory and email it to me?

Mqemulator@gmail.com

I'll try to recreate it if I can.
Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:19 pm
Project Lead
Sent,
-s
Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:03 pm
Ok, re-sent the directory. It was rejected a couple times because gmail doesn't like to send *.exe files, even if they're in a *.zip file.

Cheers,
-s
Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:57 pm
I got it; I'll take a look at it first chance I get.
Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:23 am
Project Lead
Another data point.. I created a level 1 cleric on the same account. MQ2Melee doesn't crash him. Is there a way to create a character-specific .ini file so that I can just not use MQ2Melee on my cleric for now?
Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:40 pm
Sorvani might have some elegant solution for unloading it on your cleric. I'm not as savvy with clever usage like he is. I couldn't recreate the problem tonight, but my server is patching right now so I can't make a 65 cleric to test with. I had to try it with a level one (my cleric is banned) and I had the same result as you had with a lvl 1.

Have you tried re-downloading and doing a fresh "install" or MQ? If that works ok I'd like to start stepping through your ini file changes and see what caused the crash.
Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:51 pm
Project Lead
on your cleric:

Macro
More +
/melee plugin=0

or edit your SERVER_CHARACTER.ini file in the MQ2 directory and delete the entire MQ2Melee section.
Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:55 pm
Senior Project Member
Errors MQ2Melee crashes my cleric only