General new mq2 downloads
new mq2 downloads
with the changes to peq i see you did new compiles of mq2. Is this working for them now? i did a quick load up and try and i didnt crash, but then again toons would not self cast buffs. they just stood there doing nothing. just curious if its working ok now for people.

/edit underfoot dont seem to work at all for sure.
Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:07 pm
The update was indeed for the PEQ changes. I wouldn't rule out an error with it I rushed moving it out to et people up and running again and I had three clients to check; saying testing was brief would be an overstatement.

What are you using to auto cast your buffs?
Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:26 am
Project Lead
several different vip macros from mq2 sight. shambot, afcleric, and autoenchanter. been using them for a year now on peq without much problems, but since their recent changes they crash. tried both your sod and uf fixes with no success. i see peq still has over 200 online, yet i cant get em to work, maybe its just me that is having all these issues since their change.

new builds,
Sod they dont seem to cast or do anything.
Uf dont seem to work at all for me.
Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:03 am
Can you paste some of the buff routines that aren't working or try to narrow down the issue more. I really can't begin to diagnose or fix with so little to go on.
Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:53 am
Project Lead
I am experiencing the same issue but I think I narrowed down where the problem is coming from (something with the buffs and counting of buffs). The MQ2 build doesn't crash but it doesn't cast buffs from using the holyshit/downshit commands anymore.

Info:
MQ2Melee Loaded
MQ2Exchange Loaded
MQ2Cast Loaded
SoD Client

Example Code:
Macro
More +
downshit0=/if (!${Me.Buff[Grim Aura].ID} && ${Spell[Grim Aura].Stacks} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /casting 10580|leftear

If I type in:
Macro
More +
/say (!${Me.Buff[Grim Aura].ID} && ${Spell[Grim Aura].Stacks} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /casting 10580|leftear

I get:
(!NULL && TRUE && -9>=1)

So the reason why my buff isn't firing is b/c it thinks that there aren't enough buff slots (FYI while doing this test I only had 1 buff up). Why does MQ2 think I have -9 buff slots free?

I also tested that the the downshit command works fine without the if statement:
Macro
More +
downshit0=/casting 10580|leftear

-Glacios
Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:46 pm
Well done, this is exactly what I needed. I'll look at this soon. KLS removed buffs from the profile blob in the update, so it's not surprising that it may be working different now.
Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:36 pm
Project Lead
When I get home I can post some stuff if need be as well.

I use modbot and upon loading it before your MQ2 update I would crash.

No longer crash but my toons won't buff. They heal/melee and such but will not buff.

I assume it's all related so one fix should be universal but if you'd like some extra examples I can post for you.
Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:19 pm
That would be great actually. I've got a release on another project that is crashing every few hours in production that has been eating my time up. I should be able to get this soon.
Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:03 pm
Project Lead
thanks maud and you others who know more about this stuff and able to pin point the issues.
Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:13 pm
MQ2 reads KLS' new buff code as having buff 65535 in all the empty slots. Depending on how it is called it can cause a crash (.Stacks) or return bad information (.FreeBuffSlots)
Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:58 pm
Senior Project Member
That wall of text was useless I suppose. Login in after work afk to post here and come back to a fully buffed party.

Modbot is making them buff now. Nothing else has issues anymore.
Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:16 pm
No issues anymore for me either... looks like KLS fixed the buff issue.

On a side note the "Unknown Spell" buff window issue I was having has been cleared up since last night as well. Looks like the same fix fixed both issues.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this anyhow.

Cheers,

-Glacios
Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:09 pm
General new mq2 downloads