General Roku extension?
Roku extension?
So I've tossed around the idea of an iPhone app for awhile but dealing with apple makes it not seem worth the hassle. However at 59$ and with the liberal rules at roku I was thinking it would be relatively easy to set up a roku app that integrates with a plugin.

For those of you who don't know roku is a settop box, like apple TV, google TV, or boxee box, but it has an app store similar in nature to the iphone. It's also pretty cheap and a liberal company.

I just can't wrap my head around what would be useful to display on your TV if anything.... I know it most likely wouldn't get used when the size if the community is compared to how many people own a roku, but what the hell :)

Anyone have any ideas on what would be neat? Things like displaying chat messages, life, or maybe just audio/visual alerts that can be customized with a command; think of something like "/roku Maudigan has just died!" or "/rokusound beep".

Interaction would be relatively limited since the remote basically only has a digital direction pad and an OK button and it is slow to respond.

Any thoughts?
Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:24 pm
Project Lead
Android app might be more useful?
Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:39 pm
I hadn't ever thought about that cause I'm an iPhone whore, but thats not a bad idea either. It just isn't totally clear to me what the function of 2ndary apps like that could be.
Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 am
Project Lead
General Roku extension?