General MQ2Tracking will not show gray mobs
MQ2Tracking will not show gray mobs
I am on the underfoot client and I've been trying to get it to work, I'm just wondering if someone could tell me if it simply wont work for UF or if i'm doing it wrong.

In the ini there are a bunch of ShowColor=1 entries turned on but nothing for gray. I've tried adding ShowGray=1 and ShowGrey=1 in case it was expecting a specific spelling but neither worked. I have an old compile for live that had a ShowGray line in its ini so I thought it might be the issue, but alas I can still not track gray mobs using MQ2.

Gray mobs DO still show up on mq2maps display however.

/em hoping someone wiser in the ways of questing the macro reads this missive!
Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:23 pm
I've never looked into the mq2tracking code, but there is a function in MQ2Main to get a spawns color. Most things that deal with con colors use the built in function so it seems like it shouldn't have any problem. I'll try to remember to take a look at it tomorow.
Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:42 pm
Project Lead
this should hopefully be fixed now. redownload your package and let me know if it is still not working the way you wanted.
Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:22 am
Project Lead
Bad error mojo.

Running windows 7 ultimate fully updated (legit copy)

When loading eq through WinEQ2 I get the following error box

---------------------------
eqgame.exe - Bad Image
C:\Users\Lucent\Desktop\MQ2UF GOLD\mq2emumap.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
OK

Followed immediately sometimes by an unhandled exception at address 0x000000 0x00000 etc (not enough zeros but its all zeroes), which is within wineq2, crashing that window.

Sometimes wineq2 still loads eq up. If it does, at the character screen i still have MQ2.

directly loading eq (with patchme of course) gives me THIS error instead, then loads (with MQ2 window at char select)

Windows - Bad Image
Exception Processing Message 0xc000007b Parameters 0x000007FEFD67715C 0x000007FEFD67715C 0x000007FEFD67715C 0x000007FEFD67715C
OK

more to come in a sec.
Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:56 pm
Ok.

Well the gray mobs are trackable now, yay :D

after letting EQ fully load (not using wineq2) it seemed ok, despite the error.

Going back and restarting EQ again using WinEQ2 and I am no longer getting the error. Maybe because I got the program to fully load into the game world. I also opened the map while in the game to see if it would crash me or anything (as the map plugin was referenced)

I also closed and restarted WinEQ2 to see if it would happen again on a fresh boot of the software, but it did not.

Odd.

But thank you SO much for finding the issue with gray mobs!
Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:01 pm
No problem. If anyone else is wondering I couldn't recreate the error either.
Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:03 pm
Project Lead
update. playing for a while and i'mc rashing a lot, usually when i press a hotkey in game .
Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:10 pm
if there is any other data that may help let me know
Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:12 pm
The only files updated were mq2melee, mq2emucharacters, mq2emuinventory, mq2tracking. Can you unload those and see if your still get the behavior. If not, start loading them 1 at a time and see if you can identify which one is causing the crash.
Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:10 pm
Project Lead
if you still get the crash with all 4 of those unloaded then it could be something with any of them really... usually I'll unload half of the plugins to determine which half of them is causing it. Then take the suspect half and cut it in half again and test... etc, etc, until you find the culprit.
Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:12 pm
Project Lead
Try redownloading now. I found an error in mq2emuinventory and mq2emucharacters that would most likely be causing a crash when you release the mouse button when clicking anything.
Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:10 pm
Project Lead
I didn't see this til just now, just got home from work. Very likely that was the issue though.

I reloaded my older version of the build after I posted last night and dumped the updated tracking plugin in the old mq2 build folder and it all worked good.

I'll let you know if anything arises with the new download.
Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 am
Using the new build every single client I open crashes once I'm in game within a a few seconds)

Kind of funny watching six clients all get the "macroquest is blocking the report" message lol.

I'm just going to use the old build with the new tracking, All i use is map/track and exchange to set up hotkeys for my clickies.
Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:07 pm
Still getting the mqemumap is not a windows file error from above, so I just loaded an even OLDER version - the non gold one. All my gold versions were giving this error.

The non gold one is running perfectly so far without any errors, using the updated tracking plugin.
Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:20 pm
I'll load up underfoot tonight and do my best to force a crash. Hopefully I can at least recreate the problem.
Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:22 pm
Project Lead
General MQ2Tracking will not show gray mobs