General spell page temporarily down
spell page temporarily down
I'm doing some work across the spells migrating them to a new system bear with me over the next day or two getting them working.

I'm swapping it over to the new spells table. I should have done it earlier I've just had alot of other stuff to get updated. It broke 3 or 4 pages when I swapped over to the new table, mostly search pages or pages that display a spell name.

I think I got most of them, but let me know if there are database errors on pages. The spell ID field changed from "spellid" to "id" which is a required field to post a link to the spells page. So... anywhere a spell link is there is a posibility of it being broken. Search pages, item pages, npcs... etc.

Let me know if anyone sees anything I missed.

If i got them all then the only thing that should be broken right now is the page that displays the spells stats.
Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:18 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
I got all the spell icons parsed out of EQ finally. Was having some problems getting my parser to work, it almost would have been faster to just cut all the spell icons out by hand or locate some on the net.

I have the sidebar search page resulsts set up to display the new spell table format in full view. But the function that handles it is still empty. So if you click [full view] and then the spell tab it will just show boxes with the spell icon, "Under Construction" and the name of the spell.

ToDo:
Write the display function.
Convert spell.php to use the display function.
Add spells to iGoogle tool.
Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:27 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
omg...

so this is a hell of alot more involved than I had anticipated. The function ended up being over 1000 lines just to display the slots, and a ton of research. I got SOME of that done tonight. Hopefully there wont be too many more snags like that.
Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:45 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
So... Almost done with the spell parser function, the old one was VERY incomplete. Still lacking

Resist
Dot Stacking
Hate Generated
Timer ID
Endurance Cost
Regeants

Will add them sometime this week. I went ahead and had the single spell view page updated with the function cause even though it is still under construction it was better than the old form. So like 90% of of the spells are showing about 90% of their information now. The spell page is still very ugly, but rest assured it will be updated in the new tab style. Will add tabs for NPC's that cast the spell, and Items that have the spell effect on it.

Sorry to anyone that frequents the spell search page, this has been over 1500 lines of code so far and free time is limited.
Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:56 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
Swaped the spell page over to the new tab style, still need to add a couple things to the spell view, and add some minor formatting
Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:28 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
General spell page temporarily down