General Multiline Hotkey Assistance
Multiline Hotkey Assistance
So I've been trying to create a hotkey to have my shaman buff me, but I seem to be having difficulty here. When I use the hotkey, he successfully buffs me with the 1st command but never executes command 2 and 3. My hot key setup is below. Can anyone see where my mistake is?

Macro
More +
/multiline ; /bct shaman //casting "Harnessing of Spirit" gem4 -retries|3 ID ${Me.ID} ; /bct shaman //casting "Alacrity" gem5 -maxtries|3 ID ${Me.ID} ; /bct shaman //casting "Spirit of Wolf" gem9 -maxtries|3 ID ${Me.ID}

Eventually when I get this hotkey going, I want to create more multiline commands in the next couple lines to buff my other characters. (4 boxing)
Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:24 pm
You can transmit the bccmd the multiline instead of multiline-ing a bunch of bccmd. It will shrink the statement a little and make for only 1 EQBC transmission.

Macro
More +
/bct shaman //multiline ; /casting "Harnessing of Spirit" gem4 -retries|3 ID ${Me.ID} ; /casting "Alacrity" gem5 -maxtries|3 ID ${Me.ID} ; /casting "Spirit of Wolf" gem9 -maxtries|3 ID ${Me.ID}

|instead of

/multiline ; /bct shaman //casting "Harnessing of Spirit" gem4 -retries|3 ID ${Me.ID} ; /bct shaman //casting "Alacrity" gem5 -maxtries|3 ID ${Me.ID} ; /bct shaman //casting "Spirit of Wolf" gem9 -maxtries|3 ID ${Me.ID}

As far as it not casting the following spells it is because it executes all 3 of the /casting in quick succession. When it does the 2nd and 3rd you are still casting the fist spell. This is an assumption, I didn't log in to try it.

You want to split it up into 3 seperate commands, configure your hotkey like this:

Macro
More +
/bct shaman //casting "Harnessing of Spirit" gem4 -retries|3 ID ${Me.ID}
/pause 50
/bct shaman //casting "Alacrity" gem5 -maxtries|3 ID ${Me.ID}
/pause 90
/bct shaman //casting "Spirit of Wolf" gem9 -maxtries|3 ID ${Me.ID}

Of course you want the pauses to be long enough to give your shaman time to cast/fizzle. 90 would be 9 seconds.
Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:03 pm
Project Lead
Ah, my assumption was the somehow it would know the particular spell timing...possibly w/ mq2cast or something or the very least the dividers meant to "break up" the commands until no.1 was accomplished. Anyway, I'm sure breaking up the commands would work. Thanks for the help.
Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:39 pm
General Multiline Hotkey Assistance