Errors Missing MQ2 map functions with Underfoot client
Missing MQ2 map functions with Underfoot client
I downloaded the MQ2 underfoot peq version since I upgraded to the UF steam client. My issue is I seem to have lost map functions like seeing others on the map and corpses, though stick works. Any suggestions? I have a new faster hard drive and no older installs to work with but did download and reinstall Underfoot Peq Mq2 three times encase there was a downloading error.
Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:03 am
Those PEQ/Stormhaven builds are actually controlled in part by the server operators for those servers. So Cavedude can actually log into the tool here and select what plugins to include, he has MQ2MapLite as an approved plugin for his server instead of the normal MQ2Map. MQ2MapLite wont ever show any kind of NPC/Trap/Chest/etc unless they are within a certain range of the character. I think its like 200 or 300 if you have line of sight of them, and like 50 if you don't have line of sight.

It may be that unexpected behavior that makes it appear broken, or it may be something in your settings file. The settings will be in MQ2MapLite.ini instead of MQ2Map.ini. If you have your old settings file, just rename it to MQ2MapLite.ini. Lastly, it could really be a bug... I haven't heart any reports back on this failing, but underfoot doesn't get quite the same ammount of play time as SoD and Titanium.

Let me know if the ini or the range problem isn't it and we'll look at it.

oh.. make sure its loaded to.. /plugin mq2maplite
Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:36 pm
Project Lead
Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:40 pm
Project Lead
Thanks for replying. Doing /plugin mq2maplite seems to have worked. Do I need to do that each time I log into the game on each screen? I didnt have to do that with titanium so I had no idea to do so. thank you. All I really wanted was to see other players in a zone so I know what area was camped or if they called a rot I could see the corpse on the map. thanks
Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:09 pm
once you load a plugin with the /plugin command it will be on all screens subsequently logged in on this session and all future sessions (even after you reboot).

Which plugins you have loaded when you start MQ2 are saved in the MacroQuest.ini file in the same directory as you put MQ2.

The ini included in the download simply didn't have it pre-loaded. There are many more plugins in the download than are loaded by default.
Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:25 pm
Senior Project Member
I'll have to research these plugins. While I have players on the map screen and now this new fuction of seeing mobs as I pass I still dont have corpses on the screen for mobs.
Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:52 am
I think its /mapfilter corpse on

if that doesnt do it, there is a mq2map post in the software and documentation forum with more info.
Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:11 am
Project Lead
Errors Missing MQ2 map functions with Underfoot client