General New MQ download system
New MQ download system
we put up a new MQ download system. Please try it out, and let me know if you have any problems with it. The FIRST person to download a new archive will have to wait about 10 seconds before it starts downloading. This will only happen once to the first person to download an archive after it has been updated. After that it will be an instant start.

If you notice any issues with the system, or with the contents of the downloads please let me know. Right this minute there are 8 downloads on there, and I only tested a couple. As soon as cavedude and akkadius get in there, there will be 16 downloads. Perhaps even more when other server operators start showing up.

If you do have issues there is a macroquest (OLD) option on the download page, that will list all the old files for awhile.

If the new system annoys you, tell us what would make it better, but its probably going to stick around. It greatly increases the speed of deploying changes, and it makes it easy for server operators to tailor builds for their server.

Thanks!
Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:49 pm
Project Lead
General New MQ download system