General Magelo sections
Magelo sections
What kind of things would you like to see out of this?

I'll probably be avoiding things that will require larget ammounts of data to be transmitted like ALL of a characters AA's, but total aa's might be an option.

Obviously would list
AC
HP
MANA

just looking for non-obvious ideas like..
HP From Armor:
Mana From Armor:
Haste:
Atk from armor:

Working on this in my free time, so let me know if anyone has any bright ideas of what they would like to see displayed.
Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:53 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
What macro they last ran? :lol:
J/k

Focus Gear.
FT Count.
Regen COunt.
Haste %
Flags? =P

Number of items in a stack.
Platinum.
Shard Bank :twisted:
And Tradeskill skill levels (But don't bother with Kick and all that shit)

You should also make it show what level acount they have here.
And Freebies can't turn off the Magelo Plugin. =P

Edit :
Also, Items with spells should link to the DB.
And what about current buffs?
And Number of Clickie Items said person has?

Edit Again :
If you can get MQ2 to read
${Me.Name}_${MacroQuest.Server}.ini 's
[InspectText]
Text=

And display it =P
Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:02 pm
Project Member (Retired)
The spell links will for sure be in. I intended changing the little itembox from the item.php page into a php include, then just including that on the magelo page when you click an item. This would make it javascript free, and also make it display the exact same information as viewing an item. I like the idea with the inspect text.

I also had kind of intended on leaving out the bank stuff so people could maintain privacy of that kind of stuff.

Also I had considered leaving out character names... or at least giving you a way to type in an alias. This would just be for anonymity's sake.

As far as being able to turn the plugin on/off it would be more of a run when you want to plugin. Something that streamed every time you moved stuff would boost up the bandwidth unnecessarily. So you would set your character up how you want your magelo profile to be, like put up your DPS weapons or whatever, and get raid buffed. Then do a /magelo [login] [password].
Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:03 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
How about you just have a .Ini file with bool switches? =P

And just run the Plug in Once every time your in game or /camp
Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:49 am
Project Member (Retired)
Thats a decent idea. I wanted to avoid it being a method of spying on other players like the PEQ one turned into. There is nothing more annoying than logging in and getting a tell asking if something in your bank is for sell.

The other thing is magelo has also served as a pissing contest frequently, and thats ok. I commonly participate in the pissing contest.

Having both of those concepts in mind the picture it painted was having a system where you set your character up with raid gear, or mana regen gear, or resist gear, or tradeskill gear, or however you want, and put all your private stuff in the bank. Then you update your magelo.

Having the ability to do it on camp though or at other times is a good idea. I might have to add some kind of throttle to that so it doesnt occur more than once every 20 minutes or something like that just to save on bandwidth. Maybe even longer, i mean how frequently does a character get new gear =P.
Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:46 am
Co-Founder (Retired)
Once every 3 days ;)

Tho the problem with /camp is people like to right click close clients on the task bar of windows. =P
Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:02 pm
Project Member (Retired)
did some more work on this today. Im working slow lately but the first version of the plugin is nearing completion. I'm leaving some features out of the iniial build just to get it up and running. Still haven't decided on how I will set it up in the db, nor have I started any of the php. any new ideas for the drawing board?
Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:29 am
Co-Founder (Retired)
General Magelo sections