Goto page 1, 2  Next Errors Underfoot MoveUtils problem
Underfoot MoveUtils problem
The MoveUtils under the Underfoot client are freaking out.

Basically, if I have the stick command on (issued through BC) it works fine. If I even open the window for one of the active characters, it gives:
Macro
More +
MQ2MoveUtils:: (ERROR) Plugin was not paused."
MQ2MoveUtils:: Dir(Any) Dist(20.00) Head(True)
MQ2MoveUtils:: Dir(Any) Dist(20.00) Head(True) ID (746)
MQ2MoveUtils:: Current command ended from manual movement.

Once I pass the /stick command again, my characters proceed to move to what I can only assume is the location they believe me to be and side-step dance. If I manually open the client window (from minimized state), the character quits dancing and proceeds to stick normally.

-Hate

P.S - Sorry, I assumed the # was generic code mark-up.
P.P.S - The AutoPause and ManualPause are both OFF in the MQ2MoveUtils.ini file.
Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm
Try it with only two clients loaded and no FPS limiting. It sounds like a performance issue
Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:40 am
Project Lead
Just tried without the "Background FPS" enabled. They still got stuck, they still did the side-step-dance. Once they start dancing, I have to manually control the box for a split second and the stick returns to normal use.

The only notable difference is the "Plugin was not paused" did not occur.

-Hate

EDIT: It was giving the "Current command ended from manual movement" again. Does that mean it is essentially the same as "/stick off" or it is just pausing? Trying "/stick unpause"? (from BC) causes the '(ERROR) Plugin was not paused'.

EDIT2: If the characters are not facing me, they will sidestep instead of turning to face. The turning to face leader seems to only work when the character's window has focus. If I am behind them and reissue the stick, sometimes they will still sidestep to me, but mostly they start dancing.
Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:03 am
How many characters do you have loaded?
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:30 am
Project Lead
Normally 6, for the test this morning 3.

Unless I am vastly mistaken on the system requirements of Underfoot, I should be able to handle at least 6.

(i7-920, 750gb 7200rpm HDD [25% used], nvidia 560ti, 12gb DDR3 1600mhz)

Thanks Maudigan!

-Hate
Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:08 pm
I get PMs witht his kind of behavior pretty frequently. MoveUtils has alot of problems. They usually fall into two categories, EQEmu issues and framerate issues. Some of the issues that appear to make it worse are frame rate limiting, in the client, with mq2fps, or using lavishsoft stuff. Also using Underfoot/SoD instead of Titanium seems to be a little worse, and simply using it on emu instead of live seems to effect the performance. Your PC doesn't appear to be lacking at all, and if it was still having problems with 3 I would make sure you don't have any frame limiting or other things bogging down your frame rate (plugins and macros both slow your framerate).

If it still contiues you might need to find another solution that uses netbots to transmit coordinates so you can take eqemu out of the equation.

I'm going to activate a month of membership for you. Download the gold build and do a /login hateborne <password>, then use MQ2EmuNetAdvPath and see if it has the same issues.
Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:03 pm
Project Lead
Ok, it seems to happen EXCLUSIVELY with the window selector keybind in WinEQ2 (CTRL ALT # to select the matching box). --Thanks to Paldail of EZ Server for this one

The Netfollow is neat but somewhat restrictive. Thank you again for allowing me to test the Gold. It is still sidestep dancing with stick and the MoveUtils. The AutoPause and ManualPause are both OFF in the ini file but still pause on any action. Well, not pause, it STOPS the stick instead of simply pausing it. Our problems may lie in/around those two flags as the window selector keybind technically controls the character's window, which might explain a few things.

Also, the map will not show my kills or my party's. It will show other's kills and other player's corpses.

-Hate

(Is it possible AutoPause and ManualPause are different boolean types accepting true/false or 0/1 instead of on/off?)
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:59 pm
Is there any chance I may receive source access to the MoveUtils?

-Hate
Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:24 am
Sorry, I forgot about you. I added you to the dev forum. The moveutils source in there is outdated right now, as soon as I have my computer with the current source I'll post it up in there. I'll probably update the existing moveutils post and make a reply to it.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:13 am
Project Lead
http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=1859

Source posted, if you do find an issue with it, forward it to me and i'll get it updated.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:26 pm
Project Lead
Thanks for source post. I am having issues accessing Dev forums. The link you gave returns a "topic you requested not found or does not exist". Would it be safe to assume that is a permissions (or technically membership) issue? Issue as in forgot to actually add me to group or issue as in I need to chill my arse out and be patient for propagation?

Thanks!

-Hate
Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:48 am
Try it now
Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:37 am
Project Lead
Working. Thanks Maudigan

-Hate
Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:27 pm
If you do find an error, send me the changes in whatever format you want. I'll integrate them, then forward you the compiled file for testing. If you give it the okay i'll push it out asap.
Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:45 pm
Project Lead
UPDATE!

It seems the error is not entirely WinEQ. The bulk of it seems to point towards WinEQ but there is a lil bit with MoveUtils (below).

I feel the localized issue was actually much less complex than I initially thought. After 30min of running around, it is just directional facing. If I run forward, quickly 180, then jump over my sticking character...it starts. The character starts to side-step dance. However, if the leader gets back in FRONT of the side-step-dancer (MC Hammer?) then the stick resumes normally. What is even more confusing is manually selecting the box of the side-step-dancer will cause it to normally turn.

So, tl;dr is getting the sticking character to do an about-face is bugging.

-Hate

EDIT: Digging through to try and find overlapping keybinds

EDIT2: It also does it on a consistent basis if I quickly tab between leader and sticking player. In example: I am Hateborne being followed by Garlicsalt. If I bounce via CTRL ALT 2 (Garlic's bind), then immediately back to via CTRL ALT 1 (Hate's bind), Garlic starts the side-step-dance at the last place it believed Hate to be standing. Is there already a player adjustable pulse timer of sorts in place?
Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:28 am
Goto page 1, 2  Next Errors Underfoot MoveUtils problem