Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2EmuTiler
Clarification
First I'm very new. Still just trying to figure the program out honestly. I'm for the most part a techno-moron. But I'll try to clarify and get the terminology correct.

Currently on the character pods there is a button directly to the right of the /camp button. It looks like a computer monitor. With mq2emutiler loaded, that button can be pressed to change the current large tile. If I am using character 1/6 and I want to bring character 2/6 into the large tile, all that needs to be done is to click the button from the pod and it brings character 2/6 into the large tile. There is currently, with pods, no need to click tiles to change characters.

So before I ask the question, let me clarify my problem. Using a single monitor, the tiles are larger than I would like them.

To achieve a remedy the main tile could become larger and all secondary tiles smaller. Or, alternatively, all secondary tiles run in the background behind the primary tile.

Would either/both of these scenarios be possible?

Thank you for the quick reply.
Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:26 am
EDIT: you can ignore this post and the next 3. The one following all the pictures sums it up

I like the idea. The old version of the tiler kind of permitted this. The tile layouts were dynamic, there was an INI file that came with it that let you design your own layouts. The problem was that it was confusing seemed to make it less usable. That's the reason I had it do it's own calculations when I rewrote it.

I'm hesitant to go back to the dynamic layouts, but I do like the idea. What if there was perhaps like a "scale" or "layout" setting in the INI. Scale of 1 could be the current layouts, 2, they'd be half the size, 3, they'd be hidden. Something like that... Exactly how big they'd be wouldn't be completely clear to me till I took a good look at it.

The functionality for that is basically already there, there are two layouts for single monitor vs dual monitor that the plugin alternates between based on the INI setting. I could extend that... Speaking of that, if you have 2 monitors the dual monitor layout puts all the other characters on 1 screen and maximizes the main on 1 monitor.

Let me know what you guys think.
Last edited by Maudigan on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:09 pm
Project Lead
Yeah, I just double checked in the source, it shouldn't be too hard to implement that. The hardest part would just be deciding on the layout percentages. Any ideas?

EDIT: The hidden part isn't totally clear to me how that would work. Just minimizing them might work without too much heartache. I'd have to just try it and see. It might be easier to just layer it behind and make the primary window behave like it's modal or something.
Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:15 pm
Project Lead
How would this be? 2 toons would be a small picture in picture. 3-11 toons would be the layout below. and 12-21 would add another row across the bottom keeping the secondary tiles the same size. Is this still to big, the primary window is 90% width 100% height. The small ones are 10% x 10%. When they tile across the bottom they would remain 10% x 10% and the primary would then be 90% x 90%.

EDIT: I might make them 9% x 10% with the primary 91% x 100% to keep them closer to in proportion. I could probably whip up a beta build of this within a few hours. It would be really cool if they ordered in the same way as the pods, but that would be problematic without a drastic rewriting of the logic.
Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:31 pm
Project Lead
this should be more clear as to what I mean.

1 toon

2 toons (PIP)

3-11 toons

12-21 toons

Of course if you have in between the ranges, like 6 toons, then there would be some empty slots like there is now sometimes.
Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:55 pm
Project Lead
Okay, there is a new build posted with the changes. I couldn't do the small windows thing, at least not as easily as I had initially thought. Windows 7 doesn't want to shrink the windows beyond a certain point. I had forgotten about that problem in the past.

I was able to get the hidden window thing handled though!

/tile hide
This will enable/disable the hide feature

${EmuTiler.Hide}
This will return TRUE/FALSE for if it is enabled or not.

hide=0|1
is what it looks like in the INI file. No need to add it manually though. The first time you execute /tile hide it will add it by itself.

It isn't hiding the windows so much as it's blowing the foreground window up to full screen and forcing the other windows behind it. The background windows will stay the size they were until they are brought to the foreground. Their first trip to the foreground will blow them up to full screen. This means the first trip up top may have a slight delay as windows does it's thing.

Initially they all resized to full screen as soon as you turned hide on. Which worked fine, but I found it to be a nice feature to use quickly. I set a hotkey and was able to tap it real quick to blow the window up to see something, then hit it again to shrink it back down. It was for this reason that I altered it to not resize the background windows all from the get-go. It made it much faster to toggle hide on, then off again real quick. It's all the same amount of delay, the plugin just puts it off for a little while now.

The side effect is that it may act wonky if you go from dual monitor mode to hidden mode. The odd behavior will clear up as you bring each window into FG.

EDIT: to clarify what I mean by "wonky". When you are in dual monitor mode, the FG window is already blown up, the other windows are on the other monitor. So if you enable hide. It ignores the BG windows till their brought to the FG (to speed up a quick toggle of hide) so they stay over on the other monitor. It also ignores the FG window, because it's already blown up full screen. So when initially enabling hide from DM mode it looks like nothing changes. However, as you move to other windows, they get blown up to full screen and when they drop to the background they get shoved behind the main window. Once they've all been cycled through at least once everything should behave normal. It actually behaves the same way in single monitor mode but you don't notice because it's all happening behind your newly blown up foreground window.

Like I said, it was a trade off. I may have another method to fix it but I wanted to get this out to you quickly.
Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:35 pm
Project Lead
Hell of a thank you!
Holy shit man you really went above and beyond. Didn't expect all that but it's definitely much appreciated. I'll check it out first thing, AM. I'll post my thoughts/findings here.

EDIT: how do I grab the changes? Just delete my download of mq2 gold and re-download with the updates?
Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:23 pm
Yeah, or download the new one on move mq2emutiler.dll from the new download over to your old folder. Doing it that way will preserve all your old settings files.
Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:50 pm
Project Lead
Update
So from what I can tell it works beautifully!

Though, the background tiles aren't shown. At least I think there not. From you description I didn't expect that. It is, however, working optimal for my intended use. So I love it!

Currently, if I alt tab to desktop all tiles are hidden not just the foreground tile. That's perfect for me though.

Thank you kindly Maudigan!
Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:43 am
no prob =)
I didn't add that functionality with this change, it should have always behaved that way. The idea was that they windows act as one unit. So if you minimize one, they all collapse down together. The others are back there behind the FG window, you just shouldn't ever notice. The only reason they are behind it instead of just minimized is mainly because it took less modification that way, and I thought it would be faster doing window swapping if it was just doing a Z-Order instead of maximizing and minimizing.

I probably just could have said they were hidden and been more clear, but I tend to over explain.
Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:02 am
Project Lead
I was wondering why you stopped at 21 windows? I play 4 groups so 24 total and have been using isboxer witch handles 24 fine. I am getting rid of isboxer and looking for another way. I like the way this works and how the layouts auto update. The only thing right now that's keeping me from getting a gold membership is the limit. Thank you.
Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:50 pm
Ok I got gold and tried it out but it's not working correctly. I am getting 1 on my main screen and 4 on my 2nd but I get flashes of more on both screens. Here is what it looks like:

(Sorry about the large image I don't know how to shrink it from my ipad)

It seems to me that it's tileing them in the right pattern but not shrinking them enuff.
I tried switching monitors and resolutions. I have also camped and restarted and tried again.

With different resolutions I had the tops of other tiles on the bottom. That's what makes me think there all lined up where they should be just not small enuff. So far I like the way everything is working if I can just get the tiles smaller.
Thank you.
Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:57 pm
It looks like its confusing where one monitor ends and the other begins. Ill have to make you a debug build and see if we can nail down the issue. Can you post or PM which EQ version your on and maybe the resolutions your using. Ill walk through the code and see if the issue is obvious.
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:53 am
Project Lead
Could you also try staggering the monitors in the windows monitor dialogue. The windows panel where you can drag the monitors around and swap them from left to right... Try and stagger them so they are no longer in a straight row but one steps up maybe like half the height of the other. Like shallow steps.
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:56 am
Project Lead
I tryed swapping the screens it fixed the overlap but not the size. I also tryed a different resolution and got half windows on the bottom and side
I am running underfoot steam on eqtitan.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:11 am
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2EmuTiler