Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2EmuTiler
I'm thinking it might be calculating thumbnails height to width ratio based off the dimensions of the wrong monitor. Do the thumbnails look like they are in the height/width ratio of the other monitor?
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:05 pm
Project Lead
Ok I have tried all combinations of primary and secondary monitor in both window settings and /tile pm|sm 1|2.
If the tiler pm is on the left screen I don't get any overlapping but the 2nd screen still only has 4 screens. The primary from windows display had no effect. It was the same results both ways. I did get the left edge of 2 more tiles on the right side of the 2nd screen. So I think the only issue is it's not shrinking the windows. Maybe adding a manual window size override in the ini like windowsize=20%? Ill pm you my email address if you want to sent over a debug copy. Thank you
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:07 pm
if anyone else is following this, with Bchilton9's help, what looks to be the source of the error has been located. As soon as everything looks stable it will be merged into the other clients and released.
Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:08 pm
Project Lead
Hey Maudigan,

I've been having an issue where one or two of my toons, when I /swap or click their window, don't come to my main monitor as active. They remain in their small window state, still active however. Is there a config I'm missing? All my other alts work correctly.
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:34 am
Very sorry for double post, but forgot to mention. When I zone with the toon with the issue, it un-tiles them. Can't figure out what's going on.

Thank you in advance for all the help!
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:39 am
I forget how the zone behavior works, it may have been intentional to drop their tile while zoneing. I’ll have to go through the code on that one to remind myself.

The first part just sounds like an error in the software, not a misconfiguration. It’s been several months since I ran it, I’ll play with it this week and see if I can get it to recreate the problem. Off the top of my head I’m not sure how that could happen. Does it happen a lot or with any consistency or correlation to other activity, like when your system is bogged down?
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:39 pm
Project Lead
Oh, Windows 10?
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:40 pm
Project Lead
Yes, Windows 10, sorry. It seems to only be that specific character, not even the tile slot which is weird to me.
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:42 pm
Oh, that makes me a little less optimistic about recreating. That’s odd. Anything unique about that character? Is it like the first/last one you typically load or anything like that. Or maybe the one in the FG most often.
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:19 am
Project Lead
I didn’t have a ton of time but I tried it for a little while today and wasn’t able to get it to happen (that’s kinda what I expected). I may have to code a custom diagnostic build for you this weekend that dumps log information so we can analyze exactly what’s happening on your specific setup.
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:56 pm
Project Lead
Oh, which client? Rof2?
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:56 pm
Project Lead
ROF2 is the client, yeah. Is there anything I can provide to help?

It's a character I typically keep in the bg though. It always untiles when I zone that character. And when I click on that character's box, it doesn't come to the foreground but accepts input. I've tried to change the order that I load that character, but it's just specific to that character.
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:13 pm
I think what we can try is, on Friday or Saturday when I have some time I’m going to add a new command. Something easy to type like /dump. That will spew out as much information about the current state as possible.

It’s hard to diagnose if I can’t recreate. The idea is the next time it happens you do the /dump command and send me the output.

My guess right now is for some reason it’s getting the window handles mixed up and isn’t detecting as being in the foreground.
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:22 am
Project Lead
Sent you a refund while I figure this out, appreciate your help in straightening it out. People don’t often speak up when there’s an issue so it’s always nice to hear when there is.
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:11 pm
Project Lead
Alrighty, I've got a debug version built. I'll email it to the email that's on your account. in just a few minutes You can PM me a different address if you need to, or I can upload the file here.

Just backup your old MQ2EmuTiler.dll, and replace it with this new one. It basically just dumps out all kinds of data to a file. it adds a new command /tile debug and that'll spew data to DebugSpew.log. You can add extra text to label why you're dumping the data like this: /tile debug EVERYTHING WORKING NORMAL

So, load it up like normal and once in game, on the character that messes up a lot do a command like /tile debug EVERYTHING WORKING NORMAL .

Then when it finally happens do something like this /tile debug CURRENTLY BROKEN

then maybe try to /tile to see if it fixes it and then

Then when it finally happens do something like this /tile debug TRIED TILE COMMAND, ITS FIXED NOW

any other scenarios you think might be helpful would be good too, just label them. If it's hard to see what you're typing since the window is tiny maybe put it on a hotkey.

Anyway, sonce done the file will be at <mq directory>\DebugSpew.log, just email it to me. Hopefully the issue will be obvious, if not I may need to tweak it again and have you try again.

I think I should have some time to sit down and code for awhile tomorow, assuming the wife and I dont go see endgame. If you can get it before then I can analyze it quickly. There's no rush though, dont go out of your way.

EDIT: google is filtering the attachment, sent you a PM with the DL link
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:57 pm
Project Lead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2EmuTiler