Public Macros Noobie question, how do i use macros
Noobie question, how do i use macros
Hi, I see the code here for macros. If i wanted to make my own macro, i would write it in notepad and save it in my mq2 folder? Once i am in game how do i make the macro work? Does the name of my file become the name of a / command?

Thanks,
Saulton
Ez server
Sun May 08, 2011 6:52 am
I was just poking around the forums today and saw that I missed your post. It's probably too late now, but you cut the code out and save it to a file. Name the file whatever you want, we'll say testmacro, and give it a .mac extension.

The file goes in the macro directory in your macroquest folder. To run it, in game type "/mac testmacro"
Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:17 am
Project Lead
Thanks Maudigan!

I thought for any other noobs I'd show what I did

I made a sub folder in my mq2 folder called macros and made a text file called forage.mac
I started it ingame with /mac forage
(using /keypress 0), next I made a macro to do the tradeskill combines using:

#turbo

Sub Main

/declare x int local
/for x 1 to 200
/click left
/delay 1s
/autoinventory

/return

I figured out how to make a loop by looking here:
http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/Flow_Control

to stop the macro I typed /endmacro (otherwise it will loop for a long time)

next I am going to figure out how to check if my group is buffed and if not cast the buff on them.
Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:06 am
Making a Macro
Best i can figure out is I found a simple hello mac in here.
1. I copied it
2. I pasted it in notepad.
3. saved it as a txt
4. named it hello
if i save it as all files it saves as a mc paint image.
There or two mc paint image files in the Macro folder now that came with down load
that i cant open.

I was just wanting to make a one line macro and save it, run it it game as a starting point, Havent been able to do that as of yet(

Been looking on the forums for hrs and havent found what I was looking for.
Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:41 pm
It's just windows playing tricks on you. The way windows knows what program to open a file with is based off the files extension. So there is a place in windows where it says, open .doc files with word.exe, and make their icon look blue with a blue W in it. If you changed the extension of a .doc to a .bmp it would the open in paint.exe. It would still be a word document so if you opened word, file menu, open, selected your .bmp file it would probably open fine. However if you double clicked the file it would open in paint and give you an error most likely. Yu can fix it though!

If you want .mac files to keep opening in mc paint, then you can try two things. The first is to right click the .mac file and select "edit" from the context menu, that might open it up in notepad. The second option is to open notepad first, then file menu, open, and then your select your file.

If you want your .mac files to open in notepad automatically, right click the .mac file and select "open with...". If it doesn't have the ellipses "..." Then hover over "open with" and then select "choose default program...". That'll open the "open with" dialogue. In there select notepad, check in the "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" option, and then click OK.

So you're editing it now, you paste in a macro and save it as hello.mac. As you noticed it goes in the macro folder, it has to go there. Once in game type /mac hello (which is the file name) and it should run. To end the macro type /end

On your files in the Macro folder, can you see the file extensions? Like is the file called "Start" or "Start.mac"
Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:38 pm
Project Lead
If you don't have extensions showing up, open your macro folder up in windows explorer. At the top of the windows is an "organize" menu, click it. From the menu select "folder and search options" and the "folder options" dialogue will open. Select the "view" tab.

You will now have an "advanced settings" box in the dialogue. Find and uncheck the "hide extensions for known file types" option. Then click OK.

You should now have file extensions showing up.
Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:44 pm
Project Lead
Big Thanks
Thank you got the hello mac to run.
I am a happy camper )
Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:30 am
Public Macros Noobie question, how do i use macros