Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Software Documentation MQ2EmuCharacters v1.0 » Deprecated
Just downloaded gold underfoot and it's in there...

It should get copied to your EQ directory though.
Sat May 14, 2011 3:10 am
Project Lead
New layout added, details in the changelog

http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=808
Tue May 17, 2011 10:29 am
Project Lead
This is now available in the gold titanium build.
Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:10 pm
Project Lead
Trouble
I am having problems with this plugin. I added the UI file ot my SoD directory and I reloaded my skin, but the pods do not come up and I keep getting a message in my mq window that I need to reload skin? I have tried restarted Eq and reloading the UI multiple times.. any help with this would be appreciated.
Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:50 pm
Did you setup eqbc server and netbots? Eqbc and netbots is how emucharacters knows what toons are loaded. There is a QuickStart guide in the gold->general forum stickied to the top. You can run that, skipping the optional steps and it should get eqbc and netbots going. I'm watching UFC right now, I just dropped in to see if you got into the private macro area; so I'm not really cruising the forums. So if the QuickStart doesn't get you going send me an email and it'll get my attention better than a post. I'll be up for at least 2 more hours.

Mqemulator@gmail.com
Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:55 pm
Project Lead
Oh make sure it's in SoD/uifiles/default and not the sod root directory. The directory it goes in should have other tgp and similar files.
Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:02 pm
Project Lead
I have it in the root directory, and eqbc and netbots are set up with grab on, the purple little thing comes up on the left side, but nothing else does. My chars are all connected to the BC channel.
Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:31 am
Send needs to be on also, on all toons.

Type /echo ${NetBots[Chris].PctHPs}

Make sure you get the caps right and replace Chris with a character's name. This should print a chat line in the MQ chat window with That characters life percent. If it doesn't then netbots or eqbc isn't setup right. Right out if the box the steps to setup would be:

Copy the files to everquest/uifiles/default
Start EQBCServer
Start MQ
Start EQ
Possibly do a loadskin if you did the steps in a diff order
/bccmd connect
/netbots send on
/netbots gran on
/login chris032188@yahoo.com YOURPASSWORD

If your seeing the purple dot then the UI files should be setup fine as well as the loadskin stuff, though I'm not sure why it's working from the root directory. I dont recall if the purple dot will show up if you haven't done the /login command. There is also a possibility that the special characters in your username may have messed something up with the login process. To test that you might see if any of the other member plugins are working like the map.

I'm leaning towards thinking it's a netbots issue. There usually isn't any problem getting people up and running I'm sorry you are having issues. I'm going to shoot your cash back, this month is on house :)
Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:01 am
Project Lead
Hey maud it was because I didnt have send on...doh! haha I really appreciate you going above and beyond to help me - especially on a weekend! Thanks man I really appreciate it!
Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:36 am
That's what I'm here for :)
What do you think of the plugin? Is it going to do what you need it to?
Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:45 pm
Project Lead
I love it! :-) If I can figure it out I may try to add a few more buttons to the UI
Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 am
Just installed this today. If I wanted to have the pods appear in a certain order every time I log in would that be doable? It's quite possible this was mentioned in the docs but...I'm not grasping a fraction of what I'm reading. Needs more crayon.

Tank
Healer1
Healer2
CasterDPS1
MeleeDPS1
MeleeDPS2

Ideally, if I can add buttons, I'd like to add buttons to make the Melee DPS either move closer or move back at intervals and I'd like range to target displayed. And an invite button. That will be what I try to play with first, should be easiest.
Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:43 am
Short answer is, at the moment setting a static order isn't possible, but it's on the change list. I'm finishing up the HTML5/CSS3 change over, and a lingering update to MQ2EmuCharacters for the non underfoot clients(they still don't have the spell gems display). I may add this change at the same time I do those.

The longer answer is, I've got a good idea on how to implement it, but still have some ideas not totally flushed out. Currently it's ordering based off of the order toons appear in MQ2Netbots. Specifically, it's the order the toons show up in the ${NetBots.Client} property.

Currently when it starts it takes the string returned by that netbots variable, splitting it up, and then creating a pod for each character. Every time it updates, a few times a second, it rechecks that variable. For, each name, it checks the existing pods to see if one already exists for that character. If not, it adds a new one to the bottom. So it should almost always be the same order as that netbots value.

The plan is to have a secondary list in the ini file. It'll parse the netbots list, as before, and then compare that list to the one in the ini file and make adjustments. Something I haven't determined yet is how it should behave when a character in the list isn't present; maybe I can bend your ear about that.

The two options are static order, or static placement. To illustrate, with the list of "Maudigan Porkchop Hitchens Krauss" set in the INI, but with only Maudigan, Hitchens and Krauss logged in, we could have:

Static Order

-------------
| Maudigan |
| ========= |
| ========= |
-------------

-------------
| Hitchens |
| ========= |
| ========= |
-------------

-------------
| Krauss |
| ========= |
| ========= |
-------------

or, Static Placement

-------------
| Maudigan |
| ========= |
| ========= |
-------------

-------------
| Hitchens |
| ========= |
| ========= |
-------------

-------------
| Krauss |
| ========= |
| ========= |
-------------

Basically it would leave a void for characters that aren't present. Static order would be without addition decisions to be made; it just stacks them up in the desired order, and any undeclared toons that aren't in the static list would just get stuck at the bottom. Static Order would require getting some peoples opinions. Should it just leave a void, or should it leave a faded/gray pod in its place. What happens with undeclared toons, do they go at the bottom, or should they occupy the voids/gray pods until the real character shows up.

I'm also tossing around the idea of some type of in-game control over it. Possibly something like a command to move a pod, like /movepod Maudigan up which would move maudigan up the list by one, or maybe a way to save the current order. A tall order might be making them dragable with the mouse; that would require rewriting large portions of the code.

Another idea was to ignore the list in netbots, and only use the list added to the ini file. That would stop undeclared characters from showing up at all, you would have to manually add them with a command in that case, or perhaps a toggle to turn "Discovery Mode" on which would automatically populate your ini list with new characters. If you have any thoughts or opinions on how it would work, practically, feel free to share. I'll end up reviewing this whole thread when I get to the change request.

In regard to making custom buttons, if you run into issues feel free to post. There's two versions of the plugin out there, so the documentation may be a little off depending on the version you're using, but the ini file has a bunch of examples in it. The /sit button might be a good one to look at as a template for your invite button. If you don't need sit you could just hijack that button and change the command on it.

EDIT: yeesh, I wrote a novel, sorry!

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 pm
Project Lead
Though I have nothing to add from a coding perspective, being able to move the pods around independently and being able to control who does/doesn't get a pod would be absolutely fantastic....if it's as much work as you said, perhaps your time is better utilized on something else though.
Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:54 am
Question...
Where can i find MQ2EmuCharacters?
I guess i need to be a donating member ...
Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:39 am
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Software Documentation MQ2EmuCharacters v1.0 » Deprecated