Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 General MQ for Dummies?
My question

Is there a way to do a command to half the group in one line?

/bct toon1, toon2, toon3 //stick 60 moveback
Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:18 pm
Is there a way to do a command to half the group in one line?

I think this is what you want...

Set up multiple channels for your toons.
/bccmd channels melee (Do this for melee toons)
/bccmd channels cast (Do this for your casters)

then

/bct cast //multiline ; //target ID ${Target.ID} ; //stick 60 moveback
Tells your casters to get the target then stick 60 and moveback if too close.
Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:56 pm
awesome thank you
Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:12 pm
Sorry for the possibly silly question, but how do I target a specific player's pet? Trying to make hotkeys for my cleric to heal my other toon's pet but I simply cannot find out how to do that.

Thanks for any info.
Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:27 pm
I'm assuming much here, and this would not be elegant in the least but...

/bct Cleric //targ <Pet Class Toon Name>
/bct Cleric //keypress F(x) (X being the F key that corresponds to that Pet user in group)
bct Cleric //casting Heal Spell name

And.. of course this key changes every time you regroup unless it's just you as the pet class. i.e. If you are a two man group then fx would always be F2.

The idea here is you can use function keys (F1 - F6) to target grouped players, and by pressing that function key a second time you get their pet.
Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:58 pm
I've never played any pet classes so I defer to anyone else, but fetch the pets ID and put it on a target or casting command. Work with the Spawn object until you get the ID echoing, something like this

/echo ${Spawn[=Maudigan].Pet.ID}

If that echos the ID then that's what you want.

Then

/target id ${Spawn[=OwnerName].Pet.ID}

I think you can also use the ID on a /casting command too

Spawn[] is a spawn object, and Pet is a spawn object. That objects reference is here:

http://www.macroquest2.com/includes/wassup/manual.php#refspawn

The parameters inside of Spawn[] is a spawn search string, and the parameters that follow /target are a spawn search string too. So basically you're using Spawn[] to search for the player to grabs his pet's ID. Then use search for the ID in the target command or casting command to find it. The spawn search string reference is here

http://www.macroquest2.com/includes/wassup/manual.php#spawnsearch

There's a lot of different ways you can do this. You could also use /noparse to send a command to the pet owner to buff his own pet. I may get this way wrong you'll have to play with it in game. Noparse basically tells the game to not parse the variables and to treat it like text. That lets you send it to another toon, and then when they execute it they'll parse the variables. So this would make Maudigan shout his own name (if I did this right hehe)

/noparse /bct Maudigan //shout ${Me.Name}

So the sender doesn't parse me.name, Maudigan does when he receives the command. So you could do:

/noparse /bct Maudigan //casting "buff name" -targetid|${Me.Pet.ID}

That would make Maudigan cast "buff name" on his own pet
Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:16 pm
Project Lead
Whoops, I misread, I thought guy was buffing his own pet. You could use noparse and have the cleric execute the spawn search to snag the pets ID. If you did it that way, then you could tell the cleric to heal the pet, even if you weren't in the zone. If you don't use noparse then you have to be in the zone so the spawn search will work.

/noparse /bct ClericName //casting "buffname" -targetid|${Spawn[=OwnerName].Pet.ID}

That has a lot of moving parts. You might need to break each part of that out into individual pieces and test each part to make sure it works. I may have gotten it wrong. So from the cleric, /echo the variable and make sure it says the pets ID, then from the cleric try the /casting command with the variable. Then from another char add on the noparse and bct command.
Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:20 pm
Project Lead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 General MQ for Dummies?