Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next General MQ for Dummies?
A couple of issues here I hope someone can help me correct.

/pause 2, /bct CASTERNAME //target ID ${Target.ID}

/bct CASTERNAME //casting "UBER NUKE SPELL NAME" gem1 -maxrtries|3 -targetid|${Target.ID} -kill

A. Using /pause 2 he won't targ the mob. Remove it and he runs to melee range.
B. He doesn't cast the spell.

I can always get him to cast just using the /cast 1 line, but that means mashing the button and mentally counting the cast and cool down time before mashing it again. I am hoping to come up with some code that puts him in auto cast mode.

Thanks

Zatty
Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:14 pm
If you want auto cast, beyond the -kill command, you might consider a macro.
Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:21 pm
Project Lead
I would be happy with the -kill command .. if I could get it to work, but I'll sniff around for a macro that works with the Titanium build.

Thanks
Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:26 pm
If he's running to melee range my first guess would be that you're using just /stick for following. Try /stick id ${Me.ID} and he should stay stuck to you even when he changes targets.

Also, you shouldn't need to run that first /tar line since you're specifying the targetid in the /casting line.

Also, make sure the mq2cast plugin is loaded via /plugin list .

After that /bct CASTERNAME //casting "UBER NUKE SPELL NAME" gem1 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${Target.ID} -kill should work. Make sure there's no typos. If it doesn't work try simplifying to troubleshoot the failure. Try casting just anything from the toon via /casting "spellname", then try casting with specific gem number, then try adding a targetid, etc. until you figure out the failure.
Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:39 pm
- Zatty
I would be happy with the -kill command .. if I could get it to work, but I'll sniff around for a macro that works with the Titanium build.

The only two plugins you need to cast spells are MQ2EQBC and MQ2Cast. They are in the titanium build and work just fine.
Assuming you have loaded both plugins you can use a /bct and a /casting to cast spells.
Macro
More +
/bct Sorvani //casting "Strike of Solusek" gem1 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${Target.ID} -kill

but to trouble shoot, just make this hotkey on your caster not on the main toon.
Macro
More +
/casting "YOUR NUKE NAME" -kill

Now go target a mob and hit the hotkey. Does it continually cast until mob dead? If so there is no problem with MQ2, just check your syntax. If not, report back and let us know.
Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:14 pm
Senior Project Member
- whoboo
If he's running to melee range my first guess would be that you're using just /stick for following. Try /stick id ${Me.ID} and he should stay stuck to you even when he changes targets.

You need the hold option to prevent changing the stick target when your target changes.
Macro
More +
/stick id ${Me.ID} hold

I always recommend the following for a stick/follow key.
Macro
More +
Line 1: /bca //target clear
Line 2: /bca //stick id ${Me.ID} hold !front uw

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:19 pm
Senior Project Member
I believe that the hold is implicit when using /stick id . It works that way for me at any rate.

And yes, as you recommended the uw underwater switch is always good to use.
Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:25 am
/casting "YOUR NUKE NAME" -kill

I tried this hot key on my caster toon and no joy. 14 plugins loaded including MQ2cast. That explains why he won't work when issuing the /bct command frolm my main char, but still at a loss as to why he won't cast standard spells using the /casting "Spell name".

So... did a bit of testing and check this out. For some reason I cannot use /casting "spell name", but I can get him to cast (and -kill) using /casting "Spell ID number" -kill.

I found this to be true on clicky effects from items as well. The cleric works fine, but the nukers need the spell number, not name.
Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:46 am
Hello wonderful post, it has helped me greatly. Recently I've been playing on a level 250 server. Ive followed Sorvani's post and all was well until my characters went past level 100 (currently level 130). Script like this end up coming out with NULL as Target.
Line 2: /bca //stick id ${Me.ID} hold !front uw
Results in:
Line 2: /bca //stick id NULL hold !front uw
I'm completely guessing but i have a feeling that the ${Omni.ID} is only searching for a character named Omni thats between level 1-100.
I only believe this is the case because when i type "/who Omni" nothing comes up but when i type "/who Omni 130" it works. If that's the case then im wondering if there's a way to modify the script. Currently using a mixture of macros and //keypress . Thanks ~Omni
Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:45 am
You should literally be using ${Me.ID} not your character name.
Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:01 am
Senior Project Member
I have found an issue I can't seem to come up with a solution for. Hybrid casting.

I cannot get my hybrids to cast until the mob is dead. Pure casters now cast fine... melee works on all toons, but what I can't accomplish is getting my SK to HT when the gem refreshes. He will cast it once and then go back to pure melee.

The /bct SK //casting "Uber Harm Touch Spell" -kill command on the SK won't do it. He already has my target (issued through the assist channel) and is beating on the mob, but I still would like to have him cast his harm touch until it's dead. Is there something else I can use?
Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:29 pm
Harm touch is an ability that can be used only once every 72 minutes. http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/HT.asp
Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:36 am
On my server... we have a spell as well as the AA.
Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:33 pm
Omni- You and I are having the same issue. Or were, as I got it to work just fine now by changing something in the MQ2 data and recompiling. See This Post for more info.
Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:13 pm
Zatty,

you forgot the gem slot in the command

/casting "HarmTouch" gem1 -kill
Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:10 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next General MQ for Dummies?