Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next General MQ for Dummies?
Titanium Classic.
Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:42 pm
I just downloaded titanium classic, unzipped to desktop, started macroquest.exe, then EQBCServer.exe.

I loaded titanium client, entered game, typed /bccmd connect, and it was default connecting to 192.168.1.1, you or sorvani may have mentioned that earlier and I just skimmed over it somehow. I don't know how good you are with networking so excuse me if you know this stuff. 192.168.1.1 is your router most likely and i'm not sure how it got set in there. 127.0.0.1 points your computer to itself. I likely at some time in the past got confused when setting it in the ini... it was correct in sod/underfoot but wrong in titanium/sof.

I corrected both.

When i typed " /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1 2112 " it connected no problem. That eqbc build hasn't been modified for close to 2 years now as far as i can remember. So if 127.0.0.1 isn't working it may just be something jacked up on your pc...

did you already do a ipconfig and snag your local ip address?
Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:25 pm
Project Lead
next best question is are you running the eqbcs.exe also? looks like a Command window (AKA doss window)
Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:32 pm
Good catch K. Edited config to 127.0.0.1 ... Activated the EQBCserver.exe ... ran bccmd connect. Bang~! Connected.

Thanks all. Now let's see if I can get this box running.
Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:00 pm
OK.. everything seems to load and work as intended. However, the test Sorv suggested (/bcaa //say Hi all) does not work.

Here is the confusing part.. the cleric commands work like a charm.

/bct Bron //casting "Pious Remedy" gem1 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc Armand].ID}

So, why might the healing commands work and a simple, Hiyas not function? EQBC is up and running, but evidently not functioning properly. What am I missing (this time)?
Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:35 pm
Are you looking in the correct chat window? The test command will make all of your connected toons use the /say channel. it will not show up in the mq window.
Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:08 am
Senior Project Member
Yes, I have a chat window up when I issue the command. The \bcaa returns invalid command in the chat window.

Additionally, the warrior and mage commands do not function either. On the mage I get what appears to be a valid response in the MQ window, but he doesn't cast the spell nor does the /pet attack. On the warrior code I get a return in the chat window .. this is not a valid command.

For some reason /melee would not respond on the Warrior's box so I reloaded the 4 /plugins and reset /melee on the tank, but he still will not respond to the command.

/netbots utilities are all set to on.

I just had a feeling I had missed something in the startup procedure, but the cleric commands work fine so I am lost as usual.

Oh, and can't get the /bcaa stick command to work either. I am using..

/pause 2, /bca //squelch /target clear
/bca //stick ID $(Me.ID) hold !front uw

I also get a return of.. not a valid command on that one.
Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:16 pm
/plugin list and report here please
Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:22 pm
Senior Project Member
mq2melee
exchange
netbots
moveutils
map
labels
itemdisplay
hud
fps
eqbc
emusearch
custombinds
chatwnd
cast
Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:39 pm
Sorry for the long lapse, been busy.

Oh, and can't get the /bcaa stick command to work either. I am using..

/pause 2, /bca //squelch /target clear
/bca //stick ID $(Me.ID) hold !front uw

I also get a return of.. not a valid command on that one.

I've had issues with /bcaa working on a Titanium build, but I do not recall if it was from here or from somewhere else.

Since you are using stick I assume you meant /bca not /bcaa anyway.

Can you manually use that stick command on the other toon? Target leader and type
Macro
More +
/stick hold !front uw

If yes then try it with /bct from the master.
Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:19 am
Senior Project Member
Thanks for the reply Sorvani. I have had some luck along the way thanks to your code and assistance. I use /bt NAME //targ MAINTOON and then another line with /bct NAME //Stick !front. That works.

One more question if you don't mind...

I can't seem to get them to /doability. Most likely because I don't have a feel for the syntax. Is there a /bct command to get the cleric to click his shield.. or the monk to do Flying Kick sorts of things?
Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 pm
Do ability maps to ability keys using the ability name. Meaning you must have an ability key with "backstab" on it in order to do a backstab. Hit alt o and make sure you've got it set.
Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:17 pm
Project Lead
Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:31 pm
Project Lead
using /target with a NAME works fine as long as there are not any name similarities that may cause it to target the wrong person. In general practice using the
Macro
More +
/bct NAME //target ID ${Me.Target}
will generally work better.

I would suggest setting up MQ2Melee on your monk. Type
Macro
More +
/plugin MQ2Melee
to load it, and then type
Macro
More +
/melee
to see the list of things to configure. You configure with this syntax
Macro
More +
/melee aggro=0
After you have it configured
Macro
More +
/melee save
and you will not have to do anything about it again.
Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:06 am
Senior Project Member
.. and here was the key

http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=398

I read that more than once and really didn't assign the proper importance to it the first time or two. Once I had abilities set on hot keys they worked. Flying kicks, backstabs and bash all came together. /color me duuhhmb

Many thanks both of you. The box may be successful yet.
Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:38 am
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next General MQ for Dummies?