Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next General MQ for Dummies?
MQ for Dummies?
I have read each doc on the forums here and have spent some time discussing the software with others (as dense as I am) and I have no better grasp today than I did when I downloaded the software a couple of weeks ago. I do apologize for my ignorance and for having to ask questions but I have a feeling this might be a great piece of software if I had a tutorial or at least a few simple question answered.

I had in mind that MQ would provide me with a dash board of sorts to manage my Cleric, Monk, Ranger, Knight, Wizard and Warrior, but for the time being I can't see any documentation that details how to do it. I play on a bot friendly EMU that still has a few rules, but allows MQ so using some simple macros are not likely to cause a stir. Is there an A - Z set of "how to" steps toward setting this sort of thing up?

If I had access to the other accounts hot key macros that have already been set up ... like /assist /pet attack ... /targ me /cast 1 etc... on the screen of my main char I would be over the moon kinda happy. Is it possible to have ... Char 2's main bank of hot keys appear on my screen labeled with the char's name?
Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:54 pm
I always got really elaborate with stuff, sorvani is the hotkey master. Maybe you could describe some of the things you want your keys to do. I can Give you some examples how to do t then sorvani can tell you why I'm wrong :)
Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:34 pm
Project Lead
What I desire most:

To grab the hot buttons from bank one of the support toons' sheets, and have them on my screen. Failing that... these are the minimum commands I wish to issue from my screen.

Melee toon1 (2nd char in the box)
/assist me /attack
/taunt
/doability 1
/doability 2

Cleric (3rd Char in box)
/targ toon1 /cast 1
/targ toon2 /cast 1
/targ toon3 /cast 1
/targ toon4 /cast 1
/cast 2 (group heal)

/melee toon2 (4th Char in the box)
/assist me /attack

Caster (5th Char in box)
/assist me /pet attack
/cast 1

The first 3 chars (Mychar, War, Cleric) are always present. Those are critical but the others are a sometimes thing and not so important to my success. If I can get those working... I am a happy camper.

Thanks for your help Maudigan!
Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:07 am
The stuff you want to do requires the MQ2EQBC plugin to be loaded and properly working. I'm going to assume you have got that far. You can test that in game by typing
More +
/bcaa //say Hi all.

In your main chat window (or whatever window you have /say going to), you should see each of your toons say "Hi all." If you don't have that, then nothing else in this post will do you any good.

Plugins required to be loaded (once done and you log out and in they will never need to be manually loaded again unless you change something):
More +
/plugin mq2exchange
/plugin mq2melee
/plugin mq2cast
/plugin mq2eqbc

Everything in a [ code ] block goes in a hot key on your main toon, which I am assuming is none of these toons.
Melee toon1 (2nd char in the box)
/assist me /attack
/taunt
/doability 1
/doability 2

based on the above i am assuming this is your tank. go to this toons window. type /melee read the screen and set up the settings you want. notably /melee aggro=1 then type /melee save.
More +
Line1: /pause 2, /bct TANKNAME //target ID ${Target.ID}
Line2: /killthis

Cleric (3rd Char in box)
/targ toon1 /cast 1
/targ toon2 /cast 1
/targ toon3 /cast 1
/targ toon4 /cast 1
/cast 2 (group heal)

Repeat this hotkey for each toon you want to heal
More +
Line 1: /bct CLERICNAME //casting "HEAL SPELL NAME" gem1 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc TOONNAME].ID}

Group Heal:
More +
Line 1: /bct CLERICNAME //casting "GROUP HEAL SPELL NAME" gem2 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc CLERICNAME].ID}

/melee toon2 (4th Char in the box)
/assist me /attack

Same as the first melee toon, but do not set aggro=1
More +
Line1: /pause 2, /bct MELEEDPSNAME //target ID ${Target.ID}
Line2: /killthis

Caster (5th Char in box)
/assist me /pet attack
/cast 1

hotkey 1 to cast nuke only once
More +
Line1: /pause 2, /bct CASTERNAME //target ID ${Target.ID}
Line 2: /bct CASTERNAME //casting "UBER NUKE SPELL NAME" gem1 -maxrtries|3 -targetid|${Target.ID}
Line 3: /pet attack

hotkey 2 to cast until mob dead
More +
Line1: /pause 2, /bct CASTERNAME //target ID ${Target.ID}
Line 2: /bct CASTERNAME //casting "UBER NUKE SPELL NAME" gem1 -maxrtries|3 -targetid|${Target.ID} -kill
Line 3: /pet attack

Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:16 pm
Senior Project Member
Macroquest wont let you share information information between characters. EQBC and Netbots are the answer to that.

EQBC is a chat program, there is a chat server and a chat client. Information on these is in the software/documentation forum.

Netbots sends information about your characters silently and turns them into variables to be accessed by macros.

You start EQBCServer.exe, thats the chat server. Then on each character type "/bccmd connect", that connects the client to the server. Then type "/netbots on", "/netbots send on", "/netbots grab on", that turns on the program that sends and recieves data.

If all your characters are on the same PC its basically that simple. if they are on a different PC than the EQBCServer then there is some alternate things you need to do.

This is all documented in the software/doc forum under mq2eqbc and mq2netbots
Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:17 pm
Project Lead
First off thanks Sorvani and Maudigan for your help.

I have run into a bit of a snag with EQBC not wanting to connect to the server. It idles with a note "Waiting for connection on port 2112".

I run Vipre firewall, but I don't see any incidents asking for a user decision to block that IP or port so ... any ideas?
Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:24 pm
did you try with your firewall temporarily turned off, that would at least let you know it's not to blame.
Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:06 pm
Project Lead
Fair question. I should have added that note to begin with. Yes, I did shut it down to test. Still waiting on connection.

MQ is running on EQ. I opened the folder for MQ and started EQBCServer.exe and I get the waiting message.
Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:39 pm
if your eqgame.exe, and eqbcserver.exe is on the same machine, then to connect eq to the eqbcserver you should just have to type "/bccmd connect" in game

if they are on different machines you need to pass ip/port in the command
Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:00 pm
Project Lead
you know its odd but 127.0.0.1 is supose to be local host but it doesn't work for me like that, i have to asign it whatever my computer is on the network 192.165.1.155 might be my host file ill have to take a look after am finsh posting
Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:25 pm
.. and mine is attempting to connect to 192.168.1.1 2112

Also tried 127.0.0.1 and had the same... could not connect.
Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:07 am
the ini included in the download has 192.168.1.1 set in it, so it will always try to connect to that IP if you just do /bccmd connect.

Specify your IP: /bccmd connect 192.168.1.155

The eqbcserver.exe screen is showing normal. Once you connect to it you will start seeing messages displayed in it.
Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:44 am
Senior Project Member
hay zatty try this before you start anything up. go to your start>run>typein cmd>type in ipconfig>look for ipv4 address. that should be what your comp is using =)
Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:26 am
I tried that. 192.168.1.100 but no joy. Could not connect.

Here is my MQEQBC Config file

[Last Connect]
Server=192.168.1.100
Port=2112
[Settings]
AutoConnect=1

Looks to be solid, yet no connection.
Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:54 pm
Which download are you using
Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:04 pm
Project Lead
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next General MQ for Dummies?