Errors What cause my framerate to drop when EQ is not the foregrnd
What cause my framerate to drop when EQ is not the foregrnd
If I go to my second screen to use the HUD the framerate drops but only when running MQ2. I assume its designed for system resources for some reason. Is there any way to change this setting I could not find it anywhere.
Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:59 pm
I don't include frame rate limiters because it slows macroquest and macros. I have noticed the same behavior without MQ loaded though. My advice would be to remove all pluina from the mq ini file. Start eq without mq and check it. Them load mq and check it. Then load plugins 1 at a time checking in between. This should let you see what's causing it, eq, mq, or a plugin. Diagnosis will be easier after.
Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:32 pm
Project Lead
I run the SoD client and it has a built in frame rate reduction if the client goes to the background. Options -> Display -> Advanced

Otherwise various plugins can affect your frame rates as well as your system simply not being able to handle the background process fully live
Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:38 pm
Senior Project Member
Sorvani's suggestion does indeed correct the issue on SoD.
Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:58 pm
Project Lead
I will add that the SoD frame rate reduction has never affected my macro's or remote commands to date.

All of the MQEmulator builds include the MQ2FPS plugin, and it is loaded by default in the packaged MacroQuest.ini

When I first switched to SoD from Titanium, I tried to run with MQ2FPS unloaded but one or more of my toons was always lagging and pathing bad with commands from MQ2MoveUtils (/stick mostly). I reloaded MQ2FPS and all those problems went away.

There is no INI file for MQ2FPS in these builds so what ever the defaults are, it does assist in some way with SoD clients.
Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:50 am
Senior Project Member
There is an onpulse event in macros. It's kind if like the main loop. It only runs when a frame finishes rendering.

/commands don't typically use pulse.

Things like stick or netfollow would be effected since they are services that are turned on and constantly have to update. It's just a theory though, I've never really got in there and got hard evidence that that is the cause
Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:35 am
Project Lead
all of my framerates are set to min in background and they have no problems following me with /stick or mq2emunetadvpath.
Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:50 am
Senior Project Member
You know, thinking about it. If you have mq2emumap up, and toggle the window to the background. You can see the emumap updates spamming the EQ screen even though the EQ world has mostly frozen. It must still be firing off somehow.
Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:59 am
Project Lead
Errors What cause my framerate to drop when EQ is not the foregrnd