Public Macros Macros are going private!
Macros are going private!
I had always intended to share macros here for free, but with how slow posting is and how few people take the effort to share and help others (thanks to those who do) I decided to try out a new system in an attempt to motivate sharing.

Basically all macros will be moved to a private area (unless the submitter requests them to remain public). If your macro is deemed worthy to be moved to the private area you will gain permanent access to that area. EDIT: as of 2/20/2013 this should happen automatically. If you are already a member or have been in the past you can still request.

I know some people could use access to the area, but don't think they have the knowhow to write a macro. If you have, or have ever paid for a gold membership, even just a month you can request permanent access to the private macro area.

Another alternative would be to help others out on the forum, help advertise the site, or perhaps something else. This will be handled on a case by case basis.
Last edited by Maudigan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:24 pm
Project Lead
well cant cry about it =/ it always ends up happening =).
Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:34 pm
the difference here is it is not going pay only. which I much appreciate maudigan for.
Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:02 pm
Senior Project Member
Looking at the number of threads 20-30 vs. the number of people that were drawing information from them, up to 800 views, we had a lot of lurkers. If this works I think we will really get some of those lurkers to share some of their own work too, as well as help others.
Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:30 pm
Project Lead
I am not a script writer. I am considering purchasing a gold membership just for the forum access but want to know if it is actually a useful area? Are there any cleric group heal bots? Autobot type macros? or just low level simple scripts?
Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:48 pm
There are a couple cleric heal macros. I think there is a modbot posted that works for EQTitan, but as far as big, highly configurable macros like modbot/autobot you won't find them. Most of them are class specific or task oriented.

I can't speak to their effectiveness as I've never personally used any of them; with how robust plugins have become it is becoming less and less necessary to use a macro.

Whatever you end up deciding to use it will most likely have some shortcomings simply because someone else wrote it for their play-style. It is fairly easy to pick up the scripting language and start modifying or writing your own macros. After learning how the variables work, conditions, loops, and functions there isn't too much difference in writing a script and writing a hotkey.

If you do decide to go for it, and only for the purposes of private macro access, after you create your subpscription go to the paypal dashboard and go into your payment agreements and cancel the agreement. That will stop your paypal from sending a 2nd payment the following month.
Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:59 am
Project Lead
Public Macros Macros are going private!