Icons
Just going to put this out there, is there a way we can get a batch of newer icons for the newer expansions, such as SoF/SoD?
Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:21 am
You have gimp?

The quickest way would be for me to post my parsing script, with instructions. I've been swamped lately. You mind doing some leg work.

It basically goes, download gimp. Install the scripts I will post. Start gimp. Open dragitem 1, open drag item 2, cut and paste 2 as a new layer in 1. Then copy over 3, 4, 5, etc.
You end up with an image with like 30 or 40 layers. Then you do te desprite script that's breaks off 40x40 images and collects them as layers. Start with the layer that has dragitem 1 and work up. The last layer will probably have some blank ones
And yields a few 40x40 that are blank. They can be deleted.

Then you run the animation break and autosave tool. It will save each layer as it's own image. Starting as item_500.gif

In all it can take a few hours especially when you consider you can get to the end and realize you screwed up and have to start over
Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:09 pm
Project Lead
I don't mind doing that at all, just post some instructions.
Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:58 pm
Alright. It might be a day or two. I don't know if I'll be by my house today or not, and the scripts are on a pc that mysteriously quit working last night. I wrestled with it for an hour this morn and could not get it to boot, it looks like I have to backup everything using a live disc and reinstall.
Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:20 pm
Project Lead
Ok, sorry, I finally got my new HD yesterday, but I had to get windows tech support on line cause my activation key wasn't working. Its amazing that its harder to use a real, bought and paid for activation key than it is to get a pirated copy. Really thought provoking microsoft.

I grabed the scripts out of my backup drive and posted them on the downloads page
Downloads->Character Browser->Gimp Scripts.zip

You'll have to install The Gimp if you don't already have it. There are 3 tools in there. One is for class animations. The other two are for dragitems.

Basically one tool will take the current layer, and break it into 16 new layers, all 40x40. The other save tool will save all the layers of an image, and auto number them.

So basically you'll copy ALL of the drag items into a single image, all as separate layers.

Then you'll use the breaker, starting with dragitem01, and working up. You'll end up with several thousand 40x40 layers. Then you run the save tool, the default name should work for the magelo clone.

It can be time consuming copying all the layers into a single image, i would suggest doing like 3 drag items at first as a test run so you don't waste your time loading 50 images.

pro-tip. CTRL+F will repeat the last tool you used. Just click the next layer to break and CTRL+F

If you want to share you work you can email mqemulator@gmail.com
Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:05 pm
Project Lead
I haven't had a chance to get to this yet. I've been extremely busy.
Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:33 pm
There is no rush, so far as I know your server is the only one that needs them =P

I know how you feel though, I've been wanting to get a server up and running but I always have other pressing things on my plate.
Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:24 pm
Project Lead
I will get to this when I can. I have a ton of projects and things that I need to establish here first.

Also, I want to personally thank you for your involvement in this community, I want to see it thrive.
Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:30 pm
Well thank you =)

I don't know if you have mq legalized on your server, but if you do let me know if you want to do a link swap or anything. I have a place for links in the bottom right of the front page, and a random banner up top of the front page.
Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:11 pm
Project Lead
I do have vanilla legalized, do you have a gold compile with my name on it at all? So I can at least see what our players have their hands on? And I can send you a banner too, I need to change around my site to give more instruction as well.
Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:21 pm
Failed to mention I can throw some your way $ wise too. I hacked live pretty hardcore when I did play there. 20+ boxes.
Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:29 pm
don't worry about cash. I added a month of membership time so you can look at whats in there. There is a "full" build that has common stuff, thats was trevius lets peeps use on stormhaven. There is a "peq" build that is for projecteq's more tighter rules. Then there is the one in the gold download tab, it is the "full" build with some other things added.

The banners are 1000px wide, like 100-200ish tall. If they have beveled edges or anything they should match the background.
Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:33 pm
Project Lead
Gotcha.
Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:36 pm
Apparently I need to log in to use it, but I don't know where I log in with it as nub as that sounds.
Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:29 pm