Software Documentation MQ2Radar » Retired
MQ2Radar » Retired
This currently has a bug which causes crashing when right click viewing items

Original author: Odessa
Emu Configuration:TheConquistador

This is an extremely high quality plugin. From using it you can tell how much time and effort Odessa put into this. It plugins displays an automap on the screen. You can click the character icons in it to acquire the target, or even hover the mouse over it to get a popup of the icons spawn name.

USAGE:
/ radar center x y
This move the radar to x y on the screen (so 100 100 will move radar's center to a point 100,100 on your screen) NO COMMA between x and y
/radar view z
This changes field of view to z EQ feet (so 100 would make radar 100 feet in radius)
/radar scale z
This changes radar scale, you can make it larger or smaller (1 is the default size, if you want to make radar double the size do /radar scale 2, if you want it 75% of the size do /radar scale 0.75 and so on)
/radar zoom z
This zooms in/out on your field of view (for example if your /radar view is 100 and you do /radar zoom 2 then your field of view will change to 200 but the size of radar will not change)
/radar zdepth z
This specifies how 'deep' to show spawns, so if z=20 (default) then anything within 20 feet from you on Z-axis will be shown.
/radar alertspeed z
Accent spawn on radar if it exceeds speed z. EQ speeds are a floating point number, regular running with no AA is something like 0.75 and it goes up from there. This is useful to check for aggro, helps when pulling and such.
/radar mode 0/1
Mode 0 is the default mode of radar where you are always facing up and radar rotates around you, mode 1 makes radar 'static' (it doesn't rotate anymore) just like regular EQ map.
/radar names on/off
This will either show all the spawn names on radar or turn them off
/radar map on/off
This enables or disables the map on radar
/radar targetline on/off
This turns on and off the line to the target, helps with keeping track of your target at all times
/radar delay z
This specifies how often to update the radar, by default it is 1 so radar is updated every Pulse, if you want to update it every 10 pulses use /rdelay 10, on VERY slow machines this could improve FPS but in general it should have no big effect on it.
/radar spawnsize on/off (z)
By default all spawns on the map are drawn the same size. If you want to see relative sizes you should /radar spawnsize on. For example if you see a giant on radar it will have a much larger spawn triangle than your character. By default you don't need second parameter z, if you omit it then size of your character is assumed to be the base and everything else is scaled relative to that size. If you want some arbitrary size to be base then do something like this /radar spawnsize on 4.375 (that's the default height of Vah Shir's) and everything will be scaled based on 4.375 as height.
/radar filter PC/NPC on/off
Turns PCs and/or NPCs on or off on radar
/radar save
This will save your current setup to INI file
There is an INI file created upon first run of plugin or upon /rsave
INI is PER character with a name like MQ2Radar_charname.ini
Here's an example of what's inside, should be self explanatory since I described the commands that change these values.
/radar reload
Reloads your saved ini file.
/radar options
Shows all the settings for radar.

[MQ2Radar]
CenterX=820
CenterY=200
View=200.000000
Scale=1.000000
Zoom=1.000000
ZDepth=50.000000
Mode=0
AlertSpeed=0.100000
Delay=1
Names=0
Map=1
TargetLine=1
ShowSize=0
SizeUnit=0

Radar shows PCs in the same color, NPCs by con color, and ground spawns in the same color. The farther away on Z axis (up/down) the spawn is from you the more see-through it will look on radar. So deep red will mean the spawn is within a close distance, a barely visible radar spawn tells you that the spawn is far up or down from you.
You can also mouse-over a spawn and you will see its name (if /rname is on then you see names all the time). You can also click on a radar spawn to target it. There is a trick here. Radar is on top of EQ so if there is something targetable BEHIND the radar and you click on radar that object behind will be targeted, so think of it as radar is completely 'click through'. If you still want to target something on radar and not what's behind it then hold the mouse button for a bit, that way radar knows that you want to select something on it and not something behind it (now you can also click LCTRL and that will disable clicktrhough). You can also zoom in and out with a mouse wheel, just move your mouse over radar and hold LCTRL and use the wheel. F11 hides/shows radar.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:56 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
Any plans on fixing the crash?
Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:18 pm
honestly I haven't even thought about it for awhile. I've been pre-occupied with a couple other projects. I'll see if I can take a look at it sometime this week, If you don't hear back from me you might have to remind me about it.
Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:34 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
this plugin is amazing, the only issues like you said is the crashing. and the map doesnt work. is that due to offsets or what? in odessas

it shows a map layout like that. /radar map wont work in the current release.

IMO if you could fix the crashing issue that would be the best thing ever. i love this thing. The filter for npc/pc doesnt seem to work either, i looked at the code and its in there, but I dont know if the compiled version im using has it. I have nothing to recompile it with to see if thats the issue.

There is no command list when you type /radar in game, it list all but the filter for npc/pc names.

Maybe theres a way to code a program that will unload then reload before/after as it clicks a item click or something. whichever is easier.

edit - I think I will be using this plugin full time in combat. I am hoping that a simple /unload mq2radar will allow me to click links when needed. if ANYONE can figure out how to filter out NPC please tell me, However I think the code is broken and it needs to be recompiled correctly. I tried numerous different commands, none worked.

More +
VOID RadarFilter(char* filter, bool onoff)
{
   if (strncmp(filter,"PC",2)==0) {
      if (onoff) bgFilters[0]=true;
      else bgFilters[0]=false;
   }
   else if (strncmp(filter,"NPC",3)==0) {
      if (onoff) bgFilters[1]=true;
      else bgFilters[1]=false;
   }
}

More +
// Command parser
void Radar(PSPAWNINFO pChar, PCHAR szLine)
{
   CHAR szSwitch[MAX_STRING] = {0};
   GetArg(szSwitch,szLine,1);
   if (strcmp(szSwitch,"center")==0) RadarCenter((float)atof(GetNextArg(szLine,1)),(float)atof(GetNextArg(szLine,2)));
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"zoom")==0) RadarZoom((float)atof(GetNextArg(szLine,1)));
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"scale")==0) RadarScale((float)atof(GetNextArg(szLine,1)));
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"names")==0) RadarNames(stricmp(GetNextArg(szLine,1),"on")?false:true);
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"save")==0) RadarSave();
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"view")==0) RadarView((float)atof(GetNextArg(szLine,1)));
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"delay")==0) RadarDelay(atoi(GetNextArg(szLine,1)));
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"map")==0) RadarMap(stricmp(GetNextArg(szLine,1),"on")?false:true);
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"zdepth")==0) RadarZDepth((float)atof(GetNextArg(szLine,1)));
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"targetline")==0) RadarTargetLine(stricmp(GetNextArg(szLine,1),"on")?false:true);
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"alertspeed")==0) RadarAlertSpeed((float)atof(GetNextArg(szLine,1)));
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"mode")==0) RadarMode(atoi(GetNextArg(szLine,1)));
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"spawnsize")==0) RadarSpawnSize(strncmp(GetNextArg(szLine,1),"on",2)?false:true,(float)atof(GetNextArg(szLine,2)));
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"reload")==0) Load_MQ2CharRadar_INI();
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"options")==0) RadarShowOptions();
   else if (strcmp(szSwitch,"filter")==0)  RadarFilter(GetNextArg(szLine,1),stricmp(GetNextArg(szLine,2),"on")?false:true);
   else RadarHelp();
}

that code is from the radar.cpp, All commands except the filter work. I cannot compile a new radar file atm. Can anyone test the current mq2radar on the forum and see if you can filter npc/pc?
Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:05 pm
Software Documentation MQ2Radar » Retired