Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2Meele
It is not detecting the /pet back off message for some reason. The plugin can be changed to simply issue a /pet hold if you have the AA instead of /pet back off.
Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:47 pm
Senior Project Member
That would be really great. I don't have the plugin source to try compiling it against the existing build... if that could be updated?

Unless I'm an idiot and there is simply a setting that I am missing
Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:33 pm
I switched to SoD client recently, and found that I am no longer able to stick using mq2melee, using every variation of options I can imagine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:19 am
hard time getting some things to work
Just a quick basic question here...I am using mq2melee and my monk will attack move behind the mob and do his ability flying kick and everything works great. All this happens when I just tell him to attack the mob. My problem is my rogue and berserker dont do their abilities. The zerker does not frenzy and the rogue does not backstab. They position themselves behind the mob and everything is turned on in /melee so I am not sure what I am missing. Ideas?
Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:07 am
http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2Melee
MQ2Melee Wiki page

Zerker Frenzy Add to ini
opfrenzy=[0-100] Use ability when endurance above [X]% (0=off).

Rouge backstab Add to ini
backstab=0|1 [off|on] Will try to back stab if you wielding a piercing weapon in your main hand and behind the target.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:58 am
Listen to This Guy
I am still new to everything and im not the most computer saavy person out there so sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but I looked at the wiki and I think I understand what I need to add if it doesnt exist. You say to put it in my .ini file but I'm not sure where thats located. I have an mq2 folder on my desktop that has the application and the plugins as .dll files. But I dont find anywhere that I can add this. Anyway you can dumb it way down for me lol.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 am
When you're in the game on the toon you want to change the ini file for, type /melee save, then go look in your MQ2 directory and you will find a file named <servername>_<toonname>.ini.

Open that file up and you'll see all the options for the plugin. It's possible that there may be some it doesn't save if they aren't set, so make sure to look at the link ulthrax posted to see if there's anything missing that you want. You can edit that file to change things, then save it and type /melee load in the game to reload it.

You can also edit them in-game if you like, but I find that doing it in the ini file is easier.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:30 pm
Is there any way to make the holyshit and downshit statements work on a delay?

Normally I would handle that with if conditions, but I'm trying to use a clicky damage item in combat with a 6s recast. The check for ready state on timers for items doesn't seem to work on any of the items on the server I play on so I can't use that as a condition.

I noticed the melee plugin on mmobugs has some options for delay, so if there is no way to add delay currently could we get maybe an update to the plugin?
Wed May 16, 2012 10:34 am
The check for ready state on timers for items doesn't seem to work on any of the items on the server I play on so I can't use that as a condition.

Macro
More +
${Cast.Ready[Rod of Mystical Transvergence]}

^ Is the typical method. That doesn't work on your server? If the server is too custom, all kinds of things can break. You might need a custom version of MQ2 and all plugins just for your server.

Is there any way to make the holyshit and downshit statements work on a delay?

By delay, I assume you mean: do something, wait x time units, do something again

If so, I can think of two methods:
Macro
More +
holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/docommand ${If[${Math.Calc[${Macroquest.Running}\1000%X]}==0, <stuff to do if true>, <stuff to do if false>]}

The ${If[]} will be true exactly 1 second every X seconds. Between modulo and integer division statements, you can narrow down a time range which won't trigger needlessly and will be broad enough to trigger at all. Turn Macroquest.Running milliseconds into seconds using integer division (\1000). Then use modulo x (%x) to look at every Xth second.

Macro
More +
holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (<whatever conditions you need to check>) /multiline ; /melee holyflag0=0; /timed X /melee holyflag0=1; <whatever it is you want to do>

This will check conditions. If conditions are met, it will do whatever. It will turn holyflag0 OFF for X deciseconds, to account for the delay. After X deciseconds, holyflag0 will turn back ON, so the conditions are checked again.
Thu May 17, 2012 8:33 am
Senior Project Member
I mod delay method, good thinking.

and yeah that method of ready state does not work. Neither does...

${FindItem[Rod of Mystical Transvergence].TimerReady}

Both always return that it is ready now, but it could be because all of the items i care about using are custom items anyway.
Thu May 17, 2012 8:57 am
crashes when casting during Mq2melee
I've been using MQ2melee for months with my dps melee types and no problem. Just started using it with my main (SK) tank and find that when I cast clicky items or cast spells SOMETIMES this causes a crash. I thought it might be the well known problem of casting during an exchange of items with MQ2exchange, but no, if I unload MQ2exchange it still occurs. I attach my ini file

Any pointers?

[MQ2Melee]
aggro=1
backoff=0
bash=1
disarm=0
downflag0=0
enrage=0
facing=1
feigndeath=0
harmtouch=1
holyflag0=off
infuriate=0
jolt=10
melee=1
petassist=0
petmend=0
petrange=75
plugin=1
provokeend=0
provokemax=100
provokeonce=0
resume=0
slam=1
stickmode=1
stickcmd=3 hold moveback
stickrange=75
taunt=1
version=4.951
Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:56 am
I don't even have a guess. Can you get it to occur with just mq2meele loaded?
Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:43 pm
Project Lead
Melees only somtimes move into position on /killthis command
Hey

I've been using the RoF2 build and everything seems to be working fine. However, I've noticed an issue with mq2melee, where my melee box (either rogue or monk) will sometimes either

A) not move into position when issued a /killthis command via bca, or B) not stick within range of a target during combat after they have moved into position.

I'm using all default values for my INI files, except for a few holy/down lines that rarely fire. So, no custom stick command and no customized behavior for stick. For the most part using this setup will give you a toon that automatically runs up to the target, starts attacking and keeps in range - which is what I need. But sometimes, they'll just stand around with autoattack turned on being spammed with "Your target is too far away" messages.

Moving the toon manually close enough will resume automated behavior and often times the next /killthis command will work fine. Note: there are usually a lot of mobs in my pulls, since that is the ways of the server I play on, could this be interfering with the plugin?

I can only think of 2 reasons this might be happening. One of my holy/down is blocking me from attacking or using stick (which I doubt, they're all of the type "if !buff, then rebuff"). Or, there's a leak somewhere that is interfering with mq2/mq2melee/mq2moveutils - I leave my PC on for extended periods of time (think months), and don't close EQ or MQ2, which may be magnifying minor bugs.

Any other suggestions? I've experimented with stickcmd and stickrange, but I think they work even worse than the default behavior. What are people using?
Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:38 am
I can't speak to the monk issue, but I have had the same issue with the Rogue.

The Rogue probably has sneak on from previous encounters, and will eventually get into the fray if the mob has enough HP. What I had to do to get the Rogue to jump in was to /melee assassinate=0, and put his back stab into a hot key with the caster's macros.

I know that's not an ideal solution, but the assassinate issue has been around along time and this work around at least gets him into the game.

From my perspective ... Assassinate wants the Rogue (while in combat) to stop attacking, hide + sneak then /doability backstab, but leaves him in sneak mode when combat has ended.

What it should do is detect combat,
- delay hide + sneak until the Rogue is in position,
- attack off + hide + sneak + backstab ... delay for cooldown ...
- attack off + hide + sneak + backstab (if) there is a target...
- else ...
- hide off + sneak off

I think if that logic were applied it would clean things up for rogues.
Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:28 am
Thanks for chiming in Zatty.

I have had assassinate disabled since I have not got the disc to use it anyways. (Un)fortunately when I got home Friday, my PC had rebooted (thanks, win10, I hate you too).

So, clean slate to work from to do some testing. The issue with non-attacking boxes usually presents itself after quite a few mobs have been killed. Once it has manifested itself once it will continue to be triggered quite often. It may not be a leak, since it pops up quite fast and sticks around. /camp desktop on both toons, and a complete exit from mq2 and bc and relog, unsurprisingly, fixes the issue for a time.

Another related issue that popped up during the weekend: the rogue box will move into position and start attacking like he is supposed to, but will not backstab (even though backstab=1 is set, as only skill-use line in the INI). Again, a full relog via desktop was required to fix it (I have yet to try to just unload the plugin - maybe that could do it?).

I've also noticed that stickrange=0 is not the same thing as completely deleting the line from the INI and issuing /melee load. If I set stickrange=0 it completely breaks box behavior, even with all the other stick* modifiers left off. Any combination of using custom stick command parameters completely break box behavior for me.

It may just be less of a headache to go ahead and write a macro. When I used mq2 on live mq2melee wasn't a fully fledged plugin and I had my own macro for rog (and other toons) anyways.
Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:31 am
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2Meele