Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2Meele
Okay so I have some questions about mq2melee. First of all, I seem to have two choices, aggro on or off. If it's off the toons will try to get behind the mob and I was wondering if there was a way to shut this feature off. The only one I want going behind the mob is my rogue.

So for now I leave aggro on for my non-rogues but then I have another problem. My SK will always cast Terror of Discord (the single target taunt spell) on pull. Is there some way of shutting this feature off as well?

Then there's a problem when fighting mobs like MCP with a huge footprint. My toons tend to position themselves too far away, in MCP's case they'll actually be out of melee range. Can I change it so that they get closer? At this point I have to use a separate /stick 5 macro.

I basically want all my melee kinda clustered together so I know they'll be in range for heals and cures. I also want to keep agro on my warrior, preferably while just using one anger iv aug. I want my rogue to get behind mob like he does but it would also help if he could get closer to the mob (but still be behind to land those backstabs).

Last of all I have a request about the forums themselves. Would it be possible to have a link for all the pages in a thread at the bottom of the page as well? In large threads it's annoying to have to scroll back up again when I want to go to the next page.

Sorry for all the bellyaching, just trying to get everything done as efficiently as possible. Thanks for all your hard work!
Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:46 pm
Generally speaking you do not want your guys in front of a mob where they will take riposte damage etc, that is why MQ2Melee is configured the way it is, but that does not answer your question.

Open up your SERVER_CHARACTER.ini file in your MQ2 directory.
Scroll down to the MQ2Melee section.
change stickmode from 0 to 1
Macro
More +
stickmode=1

then add a stickcmd such as
Macro
More +
stickcmd=15 hold moveback

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:43 pm
Senior Project Member
Well what I plan to do is get aggro w/ my warrior and then turn the mob a bit so that the other toons don't get frontaled/riposted.

Thanks for the commands, will try them out. Have any idea on how to keep my SK from casting that taunt spell or will the command work along with turning aggro to zero?
Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:51 pm
Hey there, I'm having trouble loading MQ2Melee. First I'd like to say the plug-ins you make are pretty amazing. I just started using MQ2EmuBotMan and I'm loving it, enough to stop using multiple computers ;). Anyways, when I try to load MQ2Melee EverQuest just crashes. I tried deleting and re-downloading MQ2 Gold but I still get the same problem. My OS is Windows 7 64 bit, and I'm running SoD Everquest(yes I downloaded the correct MQ2 Gold for SoD). I noticed in the MQ2 folder that there is no .ini file, only the .dll file.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:58 pm
MQ2Melee settings go in the SERVER_TOON.ini file in the main MQ2 directory in the [MQ2Melee] section.

MQ2Melee has dependencies so it could be a number of plugins causing your problem. I will try to download the gold package for SoD tonight some time and try to duplicate your problem. Last time I used the SoD package it worked fine. I run UF so I have not update my local SoD copy in a while.
Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:55 pm
Senior Project Member
- pouncer
Have any idea on how to keep my SK from casting that taunt spell or will the command work along with turning aggro to zero?

I completely missed this post somehow I'm sorry. I will assume that you have found the answer, but for future searchers, yes setting aggro to 0 should stop all taunt activities.
Macro
More +
/melee aggro=0

don't forget to save the setting if you want it permanent, can skip this if you just want it till you relog.
Macro
More +
/melee save

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:57 pm
Senior Project Member
I figured out where the problem is, I first tried loading MQ2Melee on my bard just to make sure that I have it and it was crashing, I just tested today on all my other charactors and it works fine so I don't have a problem although it still crashes on the bard. I'll never use MQ2Melee on my bard so no arguments here :)
Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:56 am
Not using any skills
Having problems with the mq2melee 4.808 build that is included in the Titanium build for PEQ The Grand Creation server.

Macro
More +
[MQ2Melee]
aggro=1
bash=1
disarm=1
enrage=1
facing=1
feigndeath=15
harmtouch=1
infuriate=1
melee=1
petassist=1
petmend=20
petrange=20
plugin=1
pothealover=40
provoke0=1221
provokeend=40
provokemax=2
provokeonce=1
resume=0
shield=11644
stickmode=1
stickcmd=7
stickrange=75
stunning=100
taunt=1
version=4.808

That is my ini file for my sk. Currently on my SK and my rogue mq2melee will not use any of the abilities or spells. It will not cast any of the aggro spells or taunt when I tested it in PoK as suggested. I did a fresh reinstall of mq2 and tried several other setups of the ini files but no luck. Any idea's on what to do? Should I try a different build and hope it works with titanium?
Thu May 12, 2011 4:14 am
try a /melee load , and check on your mq2 windows if you have the same conf as in your ini file.
if not , update the conf manually through eq (ex /melee aggro=1), and then make a /melee save. that will set up defenitily your .ini file

you can try your setting in the arena, there is a dummy mob you can hit, to check your conf (don't use the one saying "i will kill you" because really, he will)
Thu May 12, 2011 5:19 am
Have loaded and saved. Cycled through all the settings on melee nothing is getting the abilities or spells to work. I have every plugin loaded that comes with the downloads. All my abilities have hotkeys and points trained into them. Spells are loaded that are asked to be casted. Shield has correct id. I have no idea why it isn't working.
Thu May 12, 2011 5:34 am
does it work with other toon you may have or may load ?

not sure it's related but at least for some cacro, you need to have the combat ability button of the specific skill on your combat ability window (taunt, disarm)
Thu May 12, 2011 5:39 am
Downloaded the titanium stormhammer mq2 to test out the mq2melee on that build and it works. Now just need to get it onto the Titanium PEQ server build that has the bad mq2melee.

*EDIT* acutally just added mq2bandolier to the Titanium build from the stormhammer and it works with the mq2melee from the PEQ build. Guessing it need plugin as well to work

Hmm now only backstab is not working. trying to figure this out now lol. one thing after another
Thu May 12, 2011 6:42 am
*EDIT* acutally just added mq2bandolier to the Titanium build from the stormhammer and it works with the mq2melee from the PEQ build. Guessing it need plugin as well to work
That plugin is required for MQ2Melee so yes that was likely your problem.
Thu May 12, 2011 7:29 am
Senior Project Member
Added MQ2Bandolier to the PEQ builds
Thu May 12, 2011 7:38 am
Project Lead
The pet handling function does not work properly. It does not issue /pet hold.
Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:01 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2Meele