Public Macros Simple MQ2Melee Holy+Snippet to request pet spot heals
Simple MQ2Melee Holy+Snippet to request pet spot heals
I wrote this in another forum, but since I started out here I wanted to share this publicly with anyone that may find it useful:

It's ghetto, but it does precisely what I want and works... I know this is a common question around the web for those who want some automation but not fully automated toons...

In your toons ini's pop in this holyflag wherever, I put it near the top of the rotation myself for prioritization purposes:

Macro
More +

holyflag1=1
holyshit1=/multiline ; /if (!${Defined[PetHeal1]}) /declare PetHeal1 timer outer 0 ; /if (${PetHeal1}==0 && ${Me.Pet.PctHPs}<69) /mac PetHeal.mac ; /if (${PetHeal1}==0) /varset PetHeal1 10s

Then copy/save this crude little snippet as a mac "PetHeal.mac" in your macros folder. Then when in combat MQ2Melee will call the macro and the healer will target whomever's pet, then cast heal, then retarget the MT and assist.

Macro
More +

Sub Main

| -- replace [healer name here] with actual CLR/DRU/SHM name
     /bct [healer name here] //melee off
         /delay 2
              /bct [healer name here] //twist off
              /delay 2
                   /bct [healer name here] //interrupt
                   /delay 1s
     /bct [healer name here] //target ${Me.Pet.CleanName}
          /delay 2s
              /bct [healer name here] //face fast
              /delay 5
                   /bct [healer name here] //casting "heal spell name here"
                   | be sure to adjust the seconds below to your heal spell cast time
                   /delay 4s
     | --of course replace the tank/assist name below with your MT/MA name
     /bct [healer name here] //target [tank name here]
          /delay 5
               /bct [healer name here] //face fast
               /bct [healer name here] //melee on
               /delay 5
                    /bct [healer name here] //assist
                    /delay 2
                    /bct [healer name here] //attack on

/return  

Note you can simply remove the target MT and assist part if you play "pure healer/caster" types and don't activate holys, then just switch it to a downshit.

Of course you could add in declarations to make it more versatile, like instead of naming players.

I have no idea why I didn't think this up before...

I have a main cleric that is running a raid heal macro, but have DRU/SHM in each group to cover pet spot heals (but were doing next to nothing except acting as buff bots until now). You can easily make a 2nd instance of this just name it something like "PetHeal2.mac" and adjust it in the holy/down flags accordingly to have different groups utilizing different healers. I put it on a timer so that if the healer is casting, and gets more than one request, it will interrupt the first but will heal the second, thusly when the first requests again it will fire and land. I put the fast face on just to visually let you know it's working really since LOS doesn't really mean anything.

For all my other pet classes with heals I have something like this as well to reduce the abuse of the spot healer:

Macro
More +

; Below is a pet specific heal spell that auto-targets the pet then
; uses the pet's target to retarget the mob...
; --------------------------------------

holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Me.Pet.PctHPs}<85 && ${Cast.Ready[Renewal of Chaos]} && !${Me.Moving} && ${Me.Standing}) /multiline ; /casting "Renewal of Chaos" gem9 ; /delay 5 /assist

; Below would be for a toon that does not have a pet specific heal
; and needs to target the pet...
; Swap out Spiritual Touch for whatever single target heal you have...

holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Me.Pet.PctHPs}<85 && ${Cast.Ready[Spiritual Touch Rk. II]} && !${Me.Moving} && ${Me.Standing}) /multiline ; /target ${Me.Pet.CleanName} ; /delay 1s /casting "Spiritual Touch Rk. II" gem1 ; /delay 6s /assist

; Below is for someone that either does not have a heal spell, or is
; out of mana. Remove the mana check %{Me.PctMana}<10 check if it is
; a non-casting toon.
; Swap the clicky item name for whatever, and change the |neck to bag or
; whatever slot you are using...

holyflag1=1
holyshit1=/if (${Me.Pet.PctHPs}<85 && %{Me.PctMana}<10 && ${Cast.Ready[Dragon Scaled Neckguard]}) /multiline ; /target ${Me.Pet.CleanName} ; /delay 1s /casting "Dragon Scaled Neckguard"|neck ; /delay 2 /assist

You can replace the spell with any clicky or whatnot to make it work best for you.

Hopefully someone may find this useful...
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:45 am
Thanks for posting, always nice to see how others solve issues.
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:07 pm
Listen to This Guy
Public Macros Simple MQ2Melee Holy+Snippet to request pet spot heals