Public Macros Syntax changes for ROF2
Syntax changes for ROF2
Good afternoon guys. Im trying to make the jump to ROF2, and some of my macros arent working. Im guessing its things that have changed. Any suggestions where I can find info for what needs to be updated/changed in my macros?

Thanks in advance!

Shawn
Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:24 pm
If you look at your MQ2 window it'll throw errors to give you an idea of what is wrong, as well as give you a line number of the macro for where the error exists. Having a notepad type program to edit them in that supports line number display helps, I like TextPad for this.

I'd suggest starting your macros, ending them as soon as you see the first error and going through one by one to try to fix them. The MQ2 manual and wiki are good resources for figuring things out, such as if a TLO or variable has been deprecated and needs to be changed, or if syntax for something is slightly different, or if a UI element name is different.

And you can always post the errors here that you can't figure out yourself.

That's usually what I do to get newer versions of macros working for an older client like Titanium anyway. You have the benefit of going from older to newer it sounds like, which is good. It sucks having to go from new to old sometimes, like figuring out a way to get around not having target of target windows or the combat state variable.
Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:23 pm
Public Macros Syntax changes for ROF2