Errors Crash during killing script
Crash during killing script
Hullo~,

I've been messing around with an auto-kill script lately, and for some reason it's crashing me at what seems to be random times. Once it was right before I started fighting a named, another was in the middle of a fight with a trash mob, there doesn't seem to be any hard consistency yet. I know that warp and what-not aren't supported, but if I could get a little insight into why my macro is crashing me, that'd be awesome!

Plugin List:
Macro
More +
MQ2Melee
MQ2AutoForage
MQ2NetBots
MQ2EQBC
MQ2AutoCast
MQ2AutoSize
MQ2SuperCast
MQ2Twist
MQ2Tracking
MQ2Faerune
MQ2SuperDuperReallyGhettoSpeed (Wtf?)
MQ2ZoneLock
MQ2PiggyZone
MQ2MoveUtils
MQ2InstantMem
MQ2Pax
MQ2RWarp
MQ2Addicts
MQ2EQBugFix
MQ2ChatWnd
MQ2BzrSrch
MQ2Map
MQ2FPS
MQ2Hud
MQ2CustomBinds
MQ2ItemDisplay
MQ2Labels

EQ DMP Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b5z9g1ir8sh7cyy/debug%282%29.dmp
Virus Scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/9654937d08653ae739ecd5d09ecda0752beab42613308069f3e71a2fee070ee6/analysis/1463431933/
Mon May 16, 2016 2:53 pm
Show the script and it might be easier to see what is crashing you.
Wed May 18, 2016 2:38 am
Any kind of auto-kill macros aren't really supported either. That said, a crash is something that needs to be addressed regardless of what caused it. I'll check out the dump when I'm in front of my computer. Thanks for posting it.
Wed May 18, 2016 11:58 am
Project Lead
Oh, I just noticed you aren't running one of our builds. Analyzing the dump isn't really going to help since I won't have your symbol files. Did you compile it yourself? (Meaning: do you have the intermediate files?)

If you have the files you can open the mini dump in visual studio to potentially get a stack trace. You may have to point it to your build directory.

If that's not possible start chopping your macro up into smaller parts and crash testing each logical segment. It's really hard to zone in on the problem if you can repeat the crash at will though...

I'd prefer you didn't post the macro on the public forums so if you guys want to work it out, it'll have to be via PM
Wed May 18, 2016 12:02 pm
Project Lead
I didn't compile it myself, but it's a version that someone from the server I play hosts.

Link: http://xyph.org/leet/mq2.zip

I'll try and see if I can break it down and see where it's causing me issues, thanks!
Wed May 18, 2016 2:18 pm
I think I figured out what the problem was. Previously, I was using the MQ2Melee plugin to check if I was engaged (had agro) with a mob for over 8 seconds (and its health was still at 100%). But, I forgot that my character had gotten bugged by the plugin, so I unloaded it. I think that when MQ2 was pinging MQ2Melee for the information, it was receiving some sort of null pointer or error that it couldn't catch. So, it threw a fit and crashed my game.
Thu May 19, 2016 2:10 pm
Send your crash dump to that guy, if he still has his build files he can fix the code to let the problem fail a little nicer.
Thu May 19, 2016 4:35 pm
Project Lead
Errors Crash during killing script