Errors Crash Log (MiniDump)
Crash Log (MiniDump)
Everquest has it's own crash logging system. Whenever you crash it will autoatically generate a minidump which can be used to help diagnose the problem. There are a few caveats though. When we recieve a crash dump, its nonsense until we pair it with the source code and the symbol files. The symbol files tie the source code to the compiled dll files. When we combine all those components we can trace through the crash and quickly determine what caused the problem. If your files don't match ours, then we can't combine them, so it's important that you are at the very least running a build from here, and ideally the most recent build. I can try it with an older build, but there is a very good chance it won't work. So if you have the time, download a fresh copy, and cause the crash with that.

• Load the Macroquest build you downloaded from here.
  • Load Everquest.
  • Cause the crash.
  • Find the following two files and email them to me.
    • Everquest/logs/debug.dmp - this is the dump file (basically a crash log) generated by EQ.
    • Macroquest/Assembly Log.txt - this will help identify which versions of the MQ files you are using.
  • Instead of explaining in the email, make a public post in the Errors forum explaining the issue, and letting me know there is a file coming. I'll toubleshoot the issue there so others can get the benefit of it too.

The timestamp on debug.dmp should closely match up with the time you remember crashing. If it's old, then your crash didn't generate a dump and this process wont help.

The dump collects information about Everquest and the compenents running in it's memory space. Because of that it may contain information like file timestamps, directory paths of libraries, plugins you have loaded, etc. If you have any privacy concerns you shouldn't do this. In some situations I may share the dump with other project members for assistance, but typically it will just be used and then immediately deleted. If you need it kept more private be sure to let me know in the email

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:58 pm
Project Lead
Errors Crash Log (MiniDump)