Errors EQBC Commands Lag to Other Toons (Solved)
EQBC Commands Lag to Other Toons (Solved)
I just wanted to throw out an issue I've been having the last few days and was solved by Goyuzund on EZServer.

It started after installing Windows 10:

I was having massive amounts of command lag on EQBC server (the actual CMD window). I was under the impression that I was getting my toons disconnected, but what was instead happening was that the commands were not showing up on the CMD window until I actually made the CMD window my active window. The syntax would all of a sudden speed through and my bots would all do the action I had asked them to do 10,20,30 seconds earlier.

I thought it was related to anti-virus software, or a firewall issue, but no matter what I tried I couldn't fix it.

Goyuzund suggested I change the priority of the EQBC Server window to High or Real Time.

So, open task manager -> details tab -> right click EQBCServer.exe -> Set Priority: real time

Viola. Problem fixed. Toons responding real time as they should be.

Not sure if this is something that can be fixed in the next update of EQBCServer.exe or not, but hopefully if anyone else has the same problem they can now fix it as well. It was driving me absolutely insane. Made 12 toons unplayable for me.
Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:36 am
Thanks for coming back with the solution! Stickied.
Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:45 pm
Project Lead
Interesting.

For as long as I can remember, Windows installation guides suggested to configure Windows as a server precisely because it gives better performance to background programs and services.

Looks like that advice, and more!, still holds for EQ boxers.
Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:14 pm
Senior Project Member
oh hey im goyuzund neat
Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:44 pm
Well thankyou, that suggestion helped me too :)
Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:02 pm
Project Lead
Errors EQBC Commands Lag to Other Toons (Solved)