Goto page 1, 2  Next General Freezing
Freezing
Has anyone had an issues with freezing while characters zone when MQ2HUD is loaded?
Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:40 pm
Project Lead
i don't use HUD, sorry
Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:40 am
Listen to This Guy
Hi

I do use it a fair bit, i know its old, but still like it.
Had no major issues with it on zoning or otherwise
Using UF currently, although i am setting it up on RoF2, no issues there yet, but not used a lot.
Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:20 pm
Awesome, let me know if you have issues
Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:47 pm
Project Lead
Hi Maudigan

Sorry to necro update an old topic, but i don't know if you are still doing anything on this plugin

One issue has come up, not sure if its been posted or you know about
Nothing major and can be worked around

If you make a character with the same name as an npc and is up, it crashes the client
You can get around it by turning classhud and zonehud off in the mq2hud.ini, more zonehud issue i think

I don't know if it can be fixed, but not a major problem if not =)
Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:27 am
I'm curious if it might be easiest fixed in the HUD ini. I'm guessing it's trying to access a character property but getting the NPC spawn instead... can you post the HUD that's crashing you.
Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:14 pm
Project Lead
It's a best practice, I guess, to be as specific as possible when doing a spawn search. So instead of searching for "Aeryn" it's best to search for "PC =Aeryn" where PC specifies player and = specifies an exact match instead of a partial match. That MAY be the problem... just a guess.

If the zonehud is reliably crashing it. Cut everything out of the hud and load it up. If it doesn't crash add half of the components back in and reload. If that crashes it, then remove half of it and reload. Keep doing that, adding and removing half, untill you focus in on the exact line that's crashing it (it may be multiple).
Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:17 pm
Project Lead
Hi

I dont reaaly use to track Players (PC), just named, to see if up, or when it spawns after a trigger.
EG
${If[${Spawn[=NPC Name].Name.NotEqual["NULL"]},${Spawn[=NPC Name].CleanName},]}

Could i use NPC instead of spawn? havnt tried that
${If[${NPC[=NPC Name].Name.NotEqual["NULL"]},${NPC[=NPC Name].CleanName},]}

I will remove all the zone info and re-enable zonehud on that char, and test,
will update you when i can

But as i say, not major issue, as turning zondhud off just for that character works fine, i can live with it =)

Thank M
Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:51 pm
Don't go out of your way or anything. Nobody else has said anything yet so if it's not an issue for you then I wouldn't worry too much about it. If is effecting your play though we can trouleshoot it.
Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:13 pm
Project Lead
Hi

Just for kicks i had another play to see what is crashing it, so
I made a test toon with same name as an NPC, and crashed as soon as i loaded in
Deleted the mq2hud.ini, and loaded ok

After a bit of messing, i tracked it to FindItemBankCount
So it's not zonehud that crashes it, just the FindItemBankCount lines

If you have a zonehud with that it, and an NPC exists anywhere in the DB with same name as your character, it ctashes, when you go to that zone
It will also crash all the time if used in the Elements section

It just dosnt like finditembankcount, which makes sense

Anyway, just for ya info, dont waste time your end as this plug is outdated, but i still like it )

Happy New Year
Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:04 am
Thanks, I stayed at home all day doing nothing, so it was indeed a happy new year.

If you get a chance can you post the whole line that was triggering the crash. There was another issue with that property awhile back and I can't remember now what it was.
Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:58 pm
Project Lead
Hi

Here is one zone section, removing the finditembankcount line stops the crash
Works fine if character name is unique, ie no NPC with same name
Macro
More +

[The Qeynos Hills]
qeynosh0 =3,5,020,010,255,255,255, *** Qeynos Hills ***
qeynosh1 =3,3,010,40,000,240,000,${If[${Spawn[=Hadden].Name.NotEqual["NULL"]},${Spawn[=Hadden].CleanName},]}
qeynosh2 =3,3,115,70,255,255,000,Me     Bank
qeynosh3 =3,3,010,90,255,255,255,Fishnone Earring
qeynosh4 =3,3,120,90,255,255,255,${FindItemCount[=Fishbone Earring]}
qeynosh5 =3,3,155,90,255,255,255,${FindItemBankCount[=Fishbone Earring]}

So just using this would crash when zoning into qeynos hills
Hope it helps, but again, not a major issue

Using the ROF2 build btw, not tried with other versions, but guess it will do the same

Thanks
Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:20 am
So it's qeynosh5 that is crashing you and not qeynosh1? That's pretty strange...

So your character name is Hadden, and it's Hadden that crashes when he runs it. Or any character in the zone running the hud crashes when the PC name Hadden is present?

It seems like line 1 would be the troublesome one. How does this work?

Macro
More +
[The Qeynos Hills]
qeynosh0 =3,5,020,010,255,255,255, *** Qeynos Hills ***
qeynosh1 =3,3,010,40,000,240,000,${If[${Spawn[NPC =Hadden].Name.NotEqual["NULL"]},${Spawn[NPC =Hadden].CleanName},]}
qeynosh2 =3,3,115,70,255,255,000,Me     Bank
qeynosh3 =3,3,010,90,255,255,255,Fishnone Earring
qeynosh4 =3,3,120,90,255,255,255,${FindItemCount[=Fishbone Earring]}
qeynosh5 =3,3,155,90,255,255,255,${FindItemBankCount[=Fishbone Earring]}
Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:23 am
Project Lead
Hi

The test toon has the same name as another random NPC, NPC not in qeynos hills
Tested to see if is zone specfic issue, but seems like it will crash if you have the same name as any NPC, I just used this zone as a test

Using this hud works fine with a character with a name that isnt used by an NPC

qeynosh1 just checks to see if hadden is up. if he isnt up nothing is shown in the Hud, if he is up, the Hud just displays "Hadden"

I cant remember the exact reason in using the first part on that line lol
I added for some reason that came up, possibly was getting a "NULL" in the Hud when not up.
I originally was using Underfoot client, it seems to works without that now, so changing to
qeynosh1 =3,3,010,40,000,240,000,${Spawn[=Hadden].CleanName}
seems to give the same result, but still crashes on zoning in

Deleting the qeynosh5 line or turning the zonehud off in the mq2hud.ini for that character loads in fine

Hope it helps
Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:17 am
I'm thinking the correlation with the NPC name aspect may just be a coincidence. Maybe not, I mean, weirder things have happened. It's more likely something unique that that character has in the bank. I'll have to do some research and see if I can relelocate the last issue that was happening with finditembankcount.
Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:36 pm
Project Lead
Goto page 1, 2  Next General Freezing