General Incorrect Client Version
Incorrect Client Version
Hello All,

I downloaded the Classic Titanium version for a server using the titanium box (TAKProjecT). When I try running I get the error Incorrect Client Version. I saw a previous thread mention this for live, but I was wondering why I would be having this problem for an emu?
Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:10 am
That's actually kinda weird. Does tak allow MQ at all? If they have a policy posted I can try to get with them and set a build up.
Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:01 am
Project Lead
Keeping in mind that this is my first experience with MQ2, but I competent enough to follow directions, is there something I missed or something I should try? Here is some information about the server, does anything stand out as a reason this may not work?

History:

This project started in or around 2010 as a PEQ project where developers from PEQ would log on the OSX server known as Al'Kabor, using a ppc client to record pathing, quests, and the likes for the zones that did not exist on the PC version of Everquest. In the spring of 2012, SOE announced the closures of many of their games including The Al'Kabor Server and Everquest Online Adventure. A hacked PC Client was used by other developers in EQEmu community and it was unknown by the players at that time. It was quickly leaked to the public assuming the server would be shutting down for good. At that time, a couple of PEQ developers along with a couple of others in the eqemu community wanted to find ways to preserve the server as it is since it was the only unique "Classic" server. The Server sunset was postponed due to players plea to keep it alive for another year before it shut down for good. It also gave us a chance to develop tools to collect and to find a proper codebase which then became a PEQMac Project. We decided to make it a project apart from the PEQ project to avoid confusion. So we decided to call it The Al`Kabor Project since it is more universal with using a pc client as well as the mac client.
Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:56 pm
Sounds like the client has been altered if I read that right. The build date has probably been changed, which is most likely what's triggering the error message. That in and of itself isn't a huge difference, but I imagine some other things have changed as well. It would likely be a large undertaking, which I'm not necessarily resistant to.

However, on takproject.net I found

- Speedz
Use of any third party program used in conjunction with the EverQuest client is strictly prohibited with the exception of:

- STOCK FPS limiters
- STOCK builds of WinEQ2
- STOCK builds of EQPlayNice
- STOCK builds of EQWindows
- STOCK release of eqw based EQMac PC client.
- Log parsing programs such as EQ Companion or Yalp are permitted, and are in fact recommended as they give developers hard numbers for use in tweaking combat.

And

- Speedz
Creation of any macros, programs, scripts, etc to automate any aspect of the game is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to combat situations, trade skills, quests, and buffing/healing/rezzing/etc.

Assuming I haven't misinterpreted their meaning, the short answer is, I can't help.

The longer answer, if you don't mind a little soap-boxing is: I don't particularly care about cheating, and I'm not on some white-knight mission to stop it. I personally don't think it's a big deal and I don't think less of people who do it. I'd be a huge hypocrite if I did--with the crap I've done in the past. However, that's my personal stance; as an agent of the site I can't support anything that is obviously butting heads with server operators. Doing so would be deleterious to our relationships with the servers we provide assistance to. We work closely with them, they actually are sort of on the team and can login and alter the distributions that are targeting their servers. One of the mods here is a GM. Those relationships are important because they create and help maintain a culture where MQ users and server operations can have rational discussions about things.
Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:21 pm
Project Lead
If I misunderstood their rules--I only skimmed--let me know. I'm happy to talk to them about trying to make an approved build too; Do you think they'd be receptive to the idea? They looked to be against automation, and any mapping software, which would rule 95% of MQ out. I'm not sure what would be left if they were to give us a thumbs up.
Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:22 pm
Project Lead
Thanks for the help, I don't see them being very receptive though. Came back because I like EQ and playing, but I don't want to commit that much time to grinding, this time around heh.
Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:40 am
I don't blame ya. There are some servers that permit MQ, I'm not 100% sure on how they all feel about afk macros. I think most have a prohibition on it.
Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:54 am
Project Lead
I was looking at other servers that I might try, have you had experience with the grand creation?
Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:15 am
Would really like to get into this, but it doesn't look like you guys talk much about where you play on the forums.
Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:35 pm
I don't actually play hehe. I last played on the grand creation, but it's been about 5 years now. I really enjoyed their server and they are relatively liberal with their rules. They used to not permit MQ2Maps, but they worked with us and came to a compromise with a map plugin that only shows mobs within a certain radius. They're one of the oldest servers, if not the oldest, so they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

If I ever started playing again I'd go there, but since I'm not active I don't know how much my opinion is worth.
Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:38 pm
Project Lead
Thanks again for all the info, I think I will try there. Is there info for me to learn how to set up automated pulling assisting tanking ect in the gold section?
Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:54 pm
I added a month of time so you could have a look at what's there.

Sorry for the delay, I saw this after you posted and meant to check on it when I got in front of the PC... then I forgot.
Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:24 pm
Project Lead
General Incorrect Client Version