Errors Underfoot: spellcasttimer window problems
Underfoot: spellcasttimer window problems
So, continuing from another thread.. and concentrating on Underfoot client at this time.

As you can see from the images below, these two windows are having some problems. The spellcasttimer window initially begins in the upper left corner. If one attempts to drag or change the size of the empty windows on the lower right, then the upper left part snaps into place at the empty window and everything is fine. More of an annoyance than anything. But I would still like to see it work properly since I have to resize it in each client every time I load up. I have mucked with this quite a bit now.. works fine in the SOD client (although I have no files from SOD in this client now) and it also does this same issue in the ROF2 client.

Ignore the emucharacters pods issue, I have already gotten that taken care of.

Thanks
R

Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:29 am
Where did you get your MQUI_CastTimerWnd.xml file? Post it here.
Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:13 pm
Senior Project Member
Here's a test....

Load up a character. Make sure MQ2CastTimer plugin is running. Resize the window however you wish. Type "/loadskin default 1" and verify whether or not the cast timer window reverts back to the buggy position.
Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:38 pm
Senior Project Member
The file you are asking about comes with the MQEmu_Gold_Underfoot.zip

Although, I am getting an xml incompatibility error message.

However, when I issue the command, yes it reverts.
Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:14 pm
I don't find MQUI_SpellTimerWnd.xml in my UF Gold folder and I don't find it in a zip I just downloaded today. Regardless, I don't think it's the culprit.

I've found a workaround that works only as long as you don't move the SpellTimerWindow.

You have to edit some character specific files - one for each character. In your EQ folder, look for UI_charactername_servername.ini. Open it. Look for the [CastTimerWnd] section. You will manually edit the XPosWindowed, YPosWindowed, WidthWindowed and HeightWindowed values to be compatible with the values found in MQ2CastTimer.ini (in your MQ2 folder).

It's not a simple copy/paste. One file is in x/y/width/height format while the other is in top/bottom/left/right format.
XPosWindowed=ChatLeft
YPosWindowed=ChatTop
WidthWindowed=ChatRight-ChatLeft
HeightWindowed=ChatBottom-ChatTop

With the window settings changed, log that character in to see the changes. The contents of the SpellTimerWindow should now be drawn inside the window border.

Word of Warning: This fix only lasts until the window is moved. Once the window is moved, the problem will reappear.

You should also lock the window so it doesn't accidentally move. With UI_charactername_servername.ini open, look again in the [CastTimerWnd] section. Look for "Locked=false" and change that to "Locked=true."
Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:45 pm
Senior Project Member
On the file.. it is in the main directory of the zip file, not in the ui directory. I dunno why.. but it is there.

I will give your work around a try.
Thanks
R
Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 pm
Blimey. So it is.
Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:25 pm
Senior Project Member
That's pretty amusing. It may take me a bit, I'm having to learn a new database system this week, by Sunday, Apache Derby, whatever the hell for that is... I'm not totally getting the issue, but I'm assuming it will be clear when I log in.
Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:12 pm
Project Lead
Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:41 pm
Project Lead
Thanks Maudigan!
Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:26 pm
Errors Underfoot: spellcasttimer window problems