Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Errors Some idiosyncracies in various clients...
Just wondering if anyone else has been able to replicate these issues or are they just plaguing me?
Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:25 pm
The March 1 2015 change log includes a fix for the crash problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't completely fix MQ2Bandolier. The crash is gone, but the swap doesn't always occur. If your bags are open, the swap will occur but if your bags are closed (specifically, the bag where the item_to_be_equipped resides) all you will see is an error message. Progress is ongoing.
Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:03 pm
Senior Project Member
Yes, sorry, the delay is my fault. I've been putting together a racing quad the past couple days.
Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:09 am
Project Lead
Oh, I see! Priorities! :-)
No worries, my friend.. when you get to it.
Lemme know when you can..
Cheers
R
Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:16 am
I verified that the crash no longer occurs, but as Grumble said.. it won't switch out the items if the bags are closed. It's a start :-)
Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:04 pm
So, I finally got my quad in the air and then promptly smashed all the propellers I had.

I'm not seeing what the problem is immediately--with the item move. Do you use emuinventory, and have you been able to move items around inside the bags, that might be broken too. I'll be in front of the PC soon, power is off ATM. EDIT: NM, it's on, I'm just stoopid.

Emuinventory works still, even in bags. So this shouldn't be too crazy to fix.
Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:55 am
Project Lead
Whelp, it's not a problem with bandolier or exchange, it's just a problem with MQMain. Try to do an itemnotify in a closed bag and you get the error.
Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:43 am
Project Lead
You must just cringe any time I bring a bug to you. Thing that surprises me is that no one else is reporting the problems usually.

Well, as usual, I can't thank you enough for all you guy's hard work!
Looking forward to seeing this working.
Cheers
R
Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:19 pm
Nah, it's cool, as you said, nobody else reports stuff usually. I don't troll the server forums much so sometimes someone will report something and link to a forum where people have been complaining about an error for two months. Sorvani and Grumble kind of keep me on task usually.

http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=6579

The standard way itemnotify works doesn't behave correctly with closed bags. I used a different method if the itemnotify is targeting an item in a bag and the bag is closed. The method has some limitations, but for the purposes of bandolier it should work.

I also updated mq2emucharacters. That update that me, or maybe it was grumble, mentioned... that wasn't ever actually done. I was mistaken. So the INI file for emucharacters is very different. I added spell icons and avatars and stuff like that. You can easily remove items you don't want with this section of the ini:
ini
More +

[Default]
Icon.Names=Button1 Button2 Button3 Button4 Button5 Button6 Button7 Button8 Button9 Button10 Avatar BuffIcon0 BuffIcon1 BuffIcon2 BuffIcon3 BuffIcon4 BuffIcon5 BuffIcon6 BuffIcon7 BuffIcon8 BuffIcon9 BuffIcon10 BuffIcon11 BuffIcon12 BuffIcon13 BuffIcon14 BuffIcon15 BuffIcon16 BuffIcon17 BuffIcon18 BuffIcon19 BuffIcon20 BuffIcon21 BuffIcon22 BuffIcon23 BuffIcon24
Label.Names=Label1 Label2
Bar.Names=Bar1 Bar2 Bar3

Each word in the Icon.Names sections causes a new item to be created. So Button1 currently being in there causes the plugin to later look for all the things associated with it, like Button1.Top, Button1.Left, etc. So you can remove all the buttons by deleting them from this section, same goes for the avatar and bufficons. (You can also add new things the same way)
Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:44 pm
Project Lead
Awesome, thanks. I can't wait to dig into it.

I have been trying to get other things going whilst I make my move over to ROF2.. in doing so, I have found another issue. Possibly tied into the same initial problem with /itemnotify. I have a simple macro on a key to cast the spell on my epic. Run it and the spell casts, then the client crashes.
Seems to be an issue with mq2cast. I also have an item in my inventory, a box that summons a banker. My macro is simple /casting "box of storage" slot8. My inventory slot8 never has a bag in it just for this purpose. Although I think I remember something about being able to cast items from closed inventory bags in ROF2? Well, anyway.. nothing happens. If I place the item in slot8 it will cast with the macro. But not when it is in my inventory whether the bags are open or not. No error, nothing.
I am going to continue to decipher what the hell is going on. Will report back when I have more info.
Until then...
R
Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:51 pm
With the new build, the issues I reported in the post above are still there. However, I did read the posts from SouthernOgre and I have somewhat fixed the problem casting from inventory using /useitem. I haven't dug into the other issues yet as to the slot# problem using FindItem. However, I am having the same issues using
${FindItemBank[ItemName].InvSlot} returning null.
Bah..
Bloody ROF2.. me thinks this move to the new client might take a while.

I really hate the SOF client, but it's the only one I am able to get mostly working. I think I am going to have to revisit Underfoot.. see how bad that one is.
Bah.. it's late and my head hurts, lol.
I'll check back in tomorrow..
Night
R
Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:30 am
I have found another issue. Possibly tied into the same initial problem with /itemnotify. I have a simple macro on a key to cast the spell on my epic. Run it and the spell casts, then the client crashes.
Seems to be an issue with mq2cast

Need more info. Write down the steps (with exact commands) necessary to reproduce the crash. Also, what happens when you try to cast the spell/item with one of the other methods (/useitem, /itemnotify, MQ2Cast_SpellRoutines.inc, etc)?

Although I think I remember something about being able to cast items from closed inventory bags in ROF2?

Double check with your server admins to ensure that this "new" feature of RoF2 is supported on your server.

I also have an item in my inventory, a box that summons a banker. My macro is simple /casting "box of storage" slot8.

Just a tip: There are a bunch of ways to format a /casting command. Look at the wiki for examples. One method may work better than others. For me: /casting "Box of Storage|item" (which isn't even a format listed....)
Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:44 pm
Senior Project Member
Alright.. here we go.
Client crash.. so far is caused by:
Clicking or /casting my epic. Either way.
Clicking or /casting my shield which has a dmg shield effect.
Using "Lesson of the devoted" aa which creates a button to put on your bar.
However, I also have spell effects on my belt and my back item. These cast fine with no crash.
/casting "amplify death" in a spell gem. Just typed it in and client crashed.
I have also tried various ways of formatting the /casting command. No difference.

I also tried every I could without mq2 loaded. Clicking the items doesn't have any adverse effect. Also tried another special aa and no issues.

Lemme know if you can reproduce any of these issues or not. I am thinking I might need to completely reinstall. But I'd hate to do it if it isn't necessary.
Thanks!
R
Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:51 pm
There are most definitely some issues within MQ, there's so many little annoyances that I'm thinking it might make sense to grab a more contemporary build and attempt to back port it. Some of the issues I'm not 100% sure what the best fix would be. Like the pack1 slot sometimes being slot 23 and sometimes slot 24... Luckily I think most of the time it's referred to as pack1, which seems to work. As you discover issues that seem distinct can you post them separately in their own thread. Don't be self-conscious about making too many posts, if that's a concern. It's easier to not skip over items if they are in their own thread.
Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:04 pm
Project Lead
I agree, Maudigan. At this time, ROF2 is completely unusable for me. So I am still using SOD to actually play. Unfortunately, SOD's pet commands are broken and it causes me a lot of trouble as I run a pet heavy group. So that leaves me with going back to Underfoot. As far as I can tell, there are only a couple of small issues with Underfoot. So I am going to concentrate on it for the time being. ROF2 seems to have some neat features and I do look forward to moving to it at some point. I am surprised that so many people on Shadow Haven appear to be using it and haven't reported problems tho.

As for Underfoot. I am still having a small issue with the SpellCastTimer window and the EmuCharacters windows. Will gather more info for ya and report back shortly.
Thanks Maudigan
R
Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:52 am
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Errors Some idiosyncracies in various clients...