Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next General RoF 2, or the new Steam client
RoF 2, or the new Steam client
I just uploaded the new RoF2 MQEmu client. I am still downloading the EQ client, so I have not been able to test this build, or decompile it to search for the new offsets. That means this build is almost guaranteed to not work, as a whole. Most of the individual plugins are probably okay, I would suggest unloading everything (via the INI file) and then load the ones you need one at a time.

When I get the client downloaded, and have the time, I'll update the offsets and do some testing. I'm anticipating errors, but please, don't let that stop you from letting me know when you encounter one.
Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:37 pm
Project Lead
Hey Maudigan,

Just a heads up, I tried the latest build posted (as of writing this) with the RoF2 client (also downloaded today) and I get an Incorrect client version notice from MQ2.

Bohbo
Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:08 pm
Thanks! I haven't had a chance to decompile the client yet, but I have some time tomorrow so I'll check those time stamps first.
Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:15 pm
Project Lead
it should be good now. I have no idea what went wrong... my local copy just worked, but when I downloaded from the site and tried I got the same issue you did. I probably uploaded the files from the wrong project or something.
Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:16 pm
Project Lead
Yep seems to be working great so far! Good work Maud.
Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:57 am
Can u add mq2netadvpath to this?
Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:41 pm
I did the ROF D/L from Steam today. Nifty new features to play with so the client is ROF for sure... however, when I did the D/L of the ROF Classic from here I get the "Incorrect Client Version" pop up.

I am playing on EZ. Is ther another version that I should be using other than ROF Classic?
Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:03 pm
Figured out the issue with the compatibility. Had to D/L the ROF2 build.

However, when I attempt to load /plugin mq2autologin I crash.
Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:44 pm
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be adding the missing ones as I complete them. I have to apologize, I've been distracted working on a final project for a class.
Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:18 am
Project Lead
This should mostly be good now, I haven't looked at the autologin thing yet, but all the other plugins are in there now. I put it up about a week ago; I just forgot to post here for anyone that was watching this thread.
Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:23 pm
Project Lead
I did another download this morning and using /plugin mq2autologin no longer drops me to desk top it gives this :

Error dwEQMainBase pattern plugin mq2autologin loaded.

No rush. Lots more to be done on the EMU side before ROF2 is a viable client. Good luck on the class project.
Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:31 am
No rush. Lots more to be done on the EMU side before ROF2 is a viable client. Good luck on the class project.

Actually there is not much left to be done for RoF2 to be a viable client :P It is nearly caught up to UF (and all previous clients) in every way. The remaining stuff is most just guild ranks/bank and bazaar. It has enough functional new features not available in previous EQEmu clients that the few remaining issues should be outweighed by the new features.

Thanks for the quick work to get MQ2 mostly up to speed for RoF2, Maudigan. It sounds like once the auto-login stuff is functional, there will be 1 less reason for players not to make the switch to RoF2 :)
Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:44 am
Hey Maudigan...
Any word on the autologin issue with rof2?

Also, in regards to autologin.. one of the issues I have with the plugin is that it needs the server # to work. Unfortunately, this changes somewhat frequently.. could there be an option in it to just log into the server by name or 'quick connect to last server' option on the login panel?

Just a thought.. thanks!
Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:40 pm
Actually I forgot all about it. I set a reminder for myself to peek at it tonight.
Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:17 am
Project Lead
Auto login
Maud-
I haven't played with it much yet but I had the same errors as the poster above using the RoF2 build and autologin. I moved over the autologin from the old gold version I had but that didn't seem to fix the issue. But honestly I just didn't play terribly long with it considering there is probably a 1 or a 0 out of place in the compile or something.

For the server number since they don't use there own login server the number will change, I don't know if that is a function that can be worked around by using the same to pick it up or not. I believe Sorvani mod'd the autologin to work with the emu login server and allows you to change the server number in the .ini.

If there isn't a work around, what I did was make a shortcut to the eqplayerdata.ini and the autologin.ini and put those on the desktop.

Then I logged in one toon manually (just don't make an autologin script for this toon and MQ2 wont take over the login).

Once he is in an on the right server I go back to those shortcuts, check the server located in the eqplayerdata and make sure its the same in the mq2autologin.ini.

Then the other toons, however many will use the right server.

Not a perfect fix but 1 manual load for 11 auto loads was worth it to me.

Thanks for looking into the build and hopefully its something simple to fix!
Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:26 pm
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next General RoF 2, or the new Steam client