Errors EQGame Opens and Closes (task manager) with ISBoxer / Inner
EQGame Opens and Closes (task manager) with ISBoxer / Inner
I have been banging my head on this for for a while now. I used to use ISBoxer and MQ2 together without a hitch. I didn't play for a year or so and I am trying to get it back up and running.

I have UF client from a Tor. It came with an old Killians MQ2 that runs fine. When I load any of the versions from here even with no plugins listed the eqgame.exe starts to load then closes.

I am running everything as admin, EQBC, MQ2, and Innerspace. I don't get any errors just a brief cursor hourglass a new taskman process and then it closes out.

Any guidance and help would be appreciated.
Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:53 am
I had one version of MQ2 working i tried the Killian version again and I didn't have much luck. Similar issue but slightly different. If the game loads with MQ2 running it doesn't load in game, but if i quit MQ2 then reopen it with client open the client window becomes totally unresponsive to inputs (video updates fine) but i can't type into it or use mouse at all.

This is similar to the behavior with the MQemulator MQ2 build except it doesn't start with MQ2 loaded but if i start MQ2 after client loads all inputs get locked out.

An old build i found from 2013/1/19 (which i believe is MQEmu Classic for UF) seems to work fine though.
Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:34 am
Try loading MQ2 without Innerspace. For that matter, try loading up just EQ and MQ2. No other programs (not even EQBCServer) nor plugins.
Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:48 pm
Senior Project Member
It loads up fine with innerspace running as long as i don't launch it through inner space. So an older version from mqemu is working but the latest versions aren't playing nice with isboxer. Not sure how to debug / log it though.

Edit: I also first sent an email to ISboxer guy a few days ago but haven't heard a response yet.
Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:39 pm
SOLUTION: I think I found the solution, it appears to be hard drive related... when i moved MQ2 to a different drive it started working fine. Same directory structure same NTFS permissions, no idea what could cause that.
Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:02 am
Alternative way to use MQ2 with ISboxer in UF Client
Here's another way to manage what the above user has stated, without the need of a 2nd hard drive.

Use the following link to create a virtual hard drive in Windows 7:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/5291/how-to-create-a-virtual-hard-drive-in-windows-7/

Put your MQ2 directory with all of your MQ2 files on that virtual drive.

Use the normal process of loading MQ2, then EQBC, then Innerspace, then IS Boxer Suite, and voila, they work perfectly!
Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:13 am
Errors EQGame Opens and Closes (task manager) with ISBoxer / Inner