Errors FindItemBank and FindItemBankCount do not search aug slots
FindItemBank and FindItemBankCount do not search aug slots
Someone recently brought this to my attention - I hadn't noticed it - so I thought I'd get more minds working on it.

Build: Current
Client: Underfoot

FindItemCount properly reports matching items and scans bags, items, and augs slots of all items worn and within a characters inventory. No problems.

This behavior does not translate to the bank very well. It scans all bags for items, but does not scan the aug slots of those items.

I've never dabbled with the MQ2 source code, but there seems to be a problem with these bank TLOs. I think these TLOs are handled by code within MQ2Data.cpp and I found line 1048 to be a good starting point.

Any idea if this is a client limitation or if these functions can scan deeper?

Thanks~
-Noren
Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:03 am
Off the top of my head I'm not sure. The data may not be there or it was just forgotten. My guess is there is some kind of limitation but I'll have to look. I'm thinking the aug data isn't in the bank data structure since they wouldn't effect your stats. The character structure needs the data so calculations can be made but that's not needed in the bank. The data you see when you inspect an item is in a different data structure; the server sends that data on request.
Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:56 am
Project Lead
Errors FindItemBank and FindItemBankCount do not search aug slots