Errors Wizard crashing
Wizard crashing
Just a couple questions I use mq2 uf version on custom server WoV all my toons load file with mq2, made a wizard and he crashes everytime I try to log him in usually doesn't even make it past the login screen. Now if I delete mq2 and redownload it he will load up once but if I try a second time he crashes with error. Any idea what I can do?
Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:48 am
As you stated I looked at the spell file but found a problem here it is coming up Chinese for custom file. Wasn't sure if it was the custom spell file or reg spell file I was to add a spell to as there are 3 different ones.
Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:49 am
This sounds similar to an error another user reported. Take a look at this thread:
http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1417
Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:32 pm
Senior Project Member
This is in regard to what I was suggested:

http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1438

It's a little higher level so it may not be useful in explaining, and it may not be right. He was getting in and crashing when interacting with a specific spell. His issue was basically that PEQ was permitting the use of a spell that didn't exist on his client. It could be something similar. Just with the issue focusing on having a custom content on your client that doesn't match what MQ is anticipating.

Imagine I'm making you a sweater, I have some general ideas about your shape, but I am still making assumptions. Two arms, your a gamer so probably a guy, etc. if it turned out you got customized and have three arms it just may not work right. MQ puts a sweater, a programatic wrapper, on top of a bunch of logical objects. It does that so it can then interact with them, and modify them at times. It makes similar assumptions; this is the SOF client so it will have 12999 spells. If what it assumes is wrong, you will have a high risk of crashing. Which is frequently the root cause when people are crashing on custom severers.

We don't have a lot to go on, following this can help identify which plugin is causing it: http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=429

If you know how to use a debugger getting a crash dump and stack trace, especially with a symbol file, would be awesome.

Checking on you server forums to ask if others have experienced the same crash would help us out a lot as well.

I wanted to make sure to gauge your expectations since this is likely to require code changes. The first if is, we can help if we can figure it out. :)

If it requires a change the change can't be contrary to what most servers use. Meaning I cant set the total spell count to 500 when most other serves have 17000. There's a few cases where plugins or changes have been made for specific servers but those are few and far between and were high impact. (Like the custom map plugin for PEQ) The last if is, priority. If its a big fix that helps everyone, or if its a small fix that helps one server it'll get done. If its a several hour job to help with custom content on one server it may be a ways down on the list. Not for lack of caring, I want to get you up again, but as a means of optimizing time spent... The greater good.

Let me know the outcome of the testing, also try reverting the changes you've made to the client. Like roll back to the original spells files and all that, then try to log in. If that fixes it, reapply the changes 1 at a time, relogging in between to identify which change to the client is at fault. Any other testing or details you've got would be helpful. If all that fails we'll have to get you setup with running a debugger.
Last edited by Maudigan on Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:06 pm
Project Lead
I feel like I may have worded that like I was aggravated; I just have the forum version of resting-bitching-face.
Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:11 pm
Project Lead
I will see what I can do im a novice at all this so might take me some time to figure out. ty for the assistance.
Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:43 pm
Errors Wizard crashing