MQ2AutoGroup
This plug-in allows you to assign a list of player names that the plugin will automatically accept group/raid invites from. Those names are stored in an .ini file and can handle up to 100 names.

MQ2AutoGroup commands:

/autogroup Shows - current status.
/autogroup help - Help screen, shows all commands.
/autogroup on - Turns automatic group or raid accept on.
/autogroup off - Turns automatic group or raid accept off.
/autogroup guild - Toggles automatic group or raid accept, for guild members.
/autogroup auto - Toggles automatic adding of names to your autogroup list, for any account/toon you log into game on your system.
/autogroup save - Saves INI & names list.
/autogroup load - Reloads the INI file.
/autogroup add <playername> - Adds playername to the mq2autogroup.ini file.
/autogroup del <playername> - Deletes playername from mq2autogroup.ini file.
/autogroup clear - Clears all names from the mq2autogroup.ini file.
/autogroup list - Lists all player names to accept invitations from.

Sample .ini:

[Settings]
AutoGroup=on
[Names]
Name0=Madmage
Name1=Terrortank
Name2=Healer
Name3=Knightski

Edit 6/13/2014 - Apparently the version we are using is very basic, which is fine of course, but the options are limited to the following:

/autogroup on/off
/autogroup playername - Typing anything after /autogroup except for "on" or "off" will add the entry as a name in the autogroup.ini file.
Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:13 pm
The plugin source was likely updated at some point after SoD was released which is the source of the plugin here I believe. I would have to dig back to find out.
Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:44 pm
Senior Project Member
Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:35 pm
Project Lead
I am running into an issue with this plugin. I have about 45 characters on a particular server.. Most of them work just fine. However, there are a few that I have that I named very similar, ie: Vorpilann, Vorpilanna, Deto, Deton, Detona.. you get the idea. Anyway, this seems to throw a monkey wrench into the workings of this fine plugin. So if one of those toons issues an invite, no one will auto group with them. They will group with others giving the command tho. ???
Any ideas?
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:17 pm
You might try as a quick fix, putting an equal sign in front of their names. That’s typically how MQ makes a name explicit. E.g. “=Maud” will only match Maud and not Maudigan.

If that doesn’t work let me know and I’ll go through the code and see if there’s another way or if it needs updating.
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:55 am
Project Lead
I am pretty sure I did that already.. but I will run it though one more time for good measure.
Thanks, I'll let ya know
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:12 am
ROF2 right?

Can you try a new ini, and just put those characters in it. The code looks fine as far as far as the name compare goes. You might be hitting the limit if characters.
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:10 pm
Project Lead
Actually, UF client atm. So the .ini already has the name1=Vorpilann with the equal sign. I also use a macro that just says /invite vorpilann and all the other characters as well. So whoever is around gets invited.

I tried your suggestion above and it appears to work. I only put the 3 characters in the .ini. However, the original .ini only has 43 characters in it. Above it says 100 characters, so I dunno.

So, I kept at it and this is what I have found. It appears to only work up to name=20. If you issue the /autogroup command in-game it will add name=21 but it won't work. Also if you add more players it will only over-write the 21 name it won't add more.
So, there ya go. I am probably using an older version of this.. I don't think I have downloaded an update in a while. So I will try that, but I doubt that's gonna cure the issue.
Thanks.. any chance of it being fixed? lol
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:37 am
Yeah, ROF2 source had maxnames set to 20. Sounds like UF is the same, not sure where the 100 came from, maybe titanium...

I can update it easy enough. I’ll let you know when it’s done.
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:08 pm
Project Lead
Awesome man.. appreciate it!
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:01 pm
Increased all clients to 100 maxnames.
Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:01 pm
Project Lead
Alrighty, ignore my pm then.. thanks!!
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:14 pm