Goto page Previous  1, 2 Errors Error loading one account
Does the Wizard have any special characters in the name? Hidden characters? ASCII? UTF?

Same questions for the account name.

Does the problem exist with all wizards or just that single wizard? Do you have another wizard you can try?

Have you tried making a MQ2Melee .ini file for your wizard?

What directory is your EQ and MQ2 located? Are they OS protected folders?

Have you tried to load the wizard using another client?

No special characters in the account name or the Wizard's name.

I'll try another account and another Wizard name and report back.

I'll load up a mq2melee.ini for her and report back.

Both MQ and EQ are on C:\

For Sorvani... I am certain you are correct. I just want to find the common denominator and fix it locally or have it fixed server side. I have posted a similar thread on the server side bug forum so hopefully with more than one set of eyes on this thing I can get it fixed.

Thanks
Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:19 pm
Try getting rid of the client changes.
If that fixes it, add them back one at a time, reload the character each time.
If he crashes on the spell file, then delete half the file. Reload. If he loads try the other half. Once you have the half of the spell file that makes him crash cut it in half again (a quarter) and repeat until you have a single spell entry that causes the crash. Then individually change values in that one spell til it works.

If its not the spell file repeat the same kind of drill-down on whatever it is until you get to the smallest possible component.

My money is on a custom spell.
Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:58 am
Project Lead
Another Wizard on another account has the same issue. Once I /plugin mq2melee it crashes.

I loaded a melee.ini for the Wizard and no change.

I'll work with the server admin on the spells_us.txt Maudigan. Thanks for the tip.
Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:27 am
You did not understand what Maudigan is saying. This has nothing to do with the server op. It is all local to you pc.
You need to edit the spells files on your computer.
As Maudigan said, take it in half.
Then if no crash put back the original and remove the half that did not crash.
Then remove half of what is left.
See if you crash.
Repeat until it is narrowed down.

It is entirely possible it is not the spell file. It could be any of the files that server makes you download.

Additionally, if you stated what client you are running I missed it.
Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:07 pm
Senior Project Member
I am running UF. It's the only one I have access to other than Titanium. I do not think RoF is supported yet and I don't have access to HoT.

I did understand what Maudigan was saying, but I still have to identify the bad actor file and have the server admin correct his push. I hope that clears up my line of thought in this process.
Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:23 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Errors Error loading one account