Goto page 1, 2  Next Errors Error loading one account
Error loading one account
I have one account (out of 18) that will not load properly when MQ is loaded.

1. If I turn off MQ it loads fine.
2. Once it loads in if I execute MQ2 and EqbcServer I get this :

The instruction at 0x0e830fe referenced memory at 0x4aa2507d. The memory could not be read.

I have deleted the .ini for that toon and tried reloading, but this error is happening on both EMU servers that I visit regularly... and only for this account.

Any ideas?
Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:47 am
Still fighting this issue and have one more note to add regarding the crash...

It crashes when it attempts to load MQTwist_name.ini. Edited MQTwist plugin out and still crashes. That was the only MQ .ini specific to a toon name. Where else (under MQ) would you find an entry specific to a toon?

More info:

1. This is a Wizard
2. Created another toon (not a Wizard) on this account and he loads fine.
3. The servers with the issue are ZippZipp and Kimura Project.
4. The problem doesn't pop up until the Wizard has progressed a few levels. 51 on Zipp and 70 on Kimura. Then it starts bombing out when attempting to load in the Wiz.
Last edited by Zatty on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:11 pm
Have you tried a fresh download?
Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 pm
Project Lead
Naw... that would have been too easy.

Did a fresh DL and of course it loads fine =)

Thank you Maudigan.
Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:01 pm
That's the MacroQuest turn it off and on again equivalent

No problem :)
Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:34 pm
Project Lead
Spoke too soon.

I was able to get in with a fresh install, but today I am having the same issue with loading in that one single Wiz account. Character select is as far as I can get then it bombs out.

1. Have deleted the .ini
2. Nothing was copied from the old directory. I created a new one and manually added hot keys (the Wiz account has nothing modified, and I don't use a macro for her... yet).
3. Shutting down MQ works. The account loads fine.

Since this account doesn't crash on EZ I wonder if there is some server side issue with Wizards+MQ2 that EZ has figured out and the newer ones have not? Or if server spell.files butt heads with MQ2?
Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:38 am
You have custom server content causing issues most likely.
Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:01 pm
Senior Project Member
I would tend to agree, but a fresh install of MQ2 allows me to load, but once I start loading plugins (MQ2melee, MQ2twist and MQ2autogroup), camp and come back the Wizard will not load. Which leads me to believe that something in MQ is causing this account to bomb out.
Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:35 pm
To play on those servers, if you have to download files into your EQ directory, you are modifying EQ. MQ2 is designed and supported only with base EQ data.

There are many things that custom server ops can do that will break MQ2 simply because it is custom content.
Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:36 pm
Senior Project Member
Just an update note on this issue.

The problem with the Wiz loading continues. However, if I edit MQ2melee out of the .ini before loading up the account loads fine. It creates an extra couple of steps in order to get everyone in and stable, but at least I can play my Wiz.

I'm not sure why a Wiz account would chirp about a melee plugin (since I do not melee with my wiz), but that appears to be the surface cause. Hopefully, I'll eventually track down the root.
Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:01 am
Can you post your *melee.ini ?
Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:03 am
Listen to This Guy
I don't have a melee.ini for the Wizard. I don't have one for the Mage, Cleric, Enc or Shammy either and they load fine.
Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:38 am
fine
Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:48 am
Listen to This Guy
Does the Wizard have any special characters in the name? Hidden characters? ASCII? UTF?

Same questions for the account name.

Does the problem exist with all wizards or just that single wizard? Do you have another wizard you can try?

Have you tried making a MQ2Melee .ini file for your wizard?

What directory is your EQ and MQ2 located? Are they OS protected folders?

Have you tried to load the wizard using another client?

I would tend to agree, but a fresh install of MQ2 allows me to load, but once I start loading plugins (MQ2melee, MQ2twist and MQ2autogroup), camp and come back the Wizard will not load. Which leads me to believe that something in MQ is causing this account to bomb out.

So you could load MQ2 with no plugins. Load the wizard up. Load the plugins while the wizard is in game. And your wizard works with the plugins loaded?

However, if the plugins are loaded before the wizard is in game, then the wizard won't load past character select?
Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:22 pm
Senior Project Member
I answered this on the 27th. It is caused by custom content. MQ2 is designed for live. It has been adapted for eqemu but it is 100% not reasonable to expect it to work without error on a server that has you modify the client.
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:03 pm
Senior Project Member
Goto page 1, 2  Next Errors Error loading one account