Character Browser Error getting Char Viewer 2.2 to work
Error getting Char Viewer 2.2 to work
Hello,

First off I want to say what a great program this is and after looking at the code how well written it was. Your coding is elegant. I am having an issue with the latest version, 2.22, to work and I am almost 99% sure it is something on my server and not with the program. I am getting a fatal error when i try to load it in my browser.

Macro
More +
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class Config in C:\xampp\php\pear\Config.php on line 44

I have never experienced this specific error before and it is not present in version 1.4, it shows up starting in 2.0 and I have tried all versions you have here. Any ideas on how to get this working would be great. My server specs are as follows:

Apache/2.4.4 (Win32) OpenSSL/0.9.8y PHP/5.4.16
MySql 5.1.68

For my web server and php, I am using the prepackaged Xampp portable 1.8.2-0

Again, I want to say what a great program you have here and I can't wait to use this great tool on my server.

Thanks,
Sean
Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:47 pm
Error getting Char Viewer 2.2 to work
I found a temp fix for this, I renamed config.php in my pear folder to something else, but that essentially renders pear nonworking. I could just rename the config.php to something else in the includes folder and update all instances where it is called from the other files but before I did something that drastic, I wanted to kow what your thoughts on that were.

Thanks,
Sean
Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:56 pm
the files themselves should not be conflicting, you can have as many config.php files as you want as ling as they are in different folders. something in the pear config itself might be causing the conflict.
Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:40 pm
Senior Project Member
Character Browser Error getting Char Viewer 2.2 to work