Errors MQ2 issue
MQ2 issue
Hello all,

First off thanks for any help that is to come

Now my problem is I cannot get my mq2 to recognize my EQ or so it seems.

Im running UF cliet, Windows 7 pro, and I was running MQ2 gold although my membership has lapsed. I play on the hidden forest server. I dont use any macros and generally just use MQ2 for mq2melee and EQBC. Lastly i've been playing fine since about November.

Here's what happened and I've had this issue before. If i forget to load MQ2 first before i load EQ and then load MQ2 before my EQ has completely closed, it will cause MQ2 to stop working. After I've done this once, MQ simply wont appear in EQ, even when I load everything the right way. I know i shouldnt load MQ when EQ is up and i should load it first.

Now in the past, deleting my MQ2 folder and redownloading it has always fixed the issue. Its semi annoying but not too horrible. The problem is, now this does not even work. So currently what happens is i run MQ2 then EQBC then EQ, i load EQ and no indication that MQ2 is working. No chat window no connection message on EQBC.

What I've tried: Running every combination of running as admin i can think of. Moving my MQ2 and EQ folders to different locations (normally they're just on my c drive). I've tried redownloading the UF stormhaven MQ version. I've also tried downloading random combinations of MQ2 and different clients and I couldnt even get the error message that i was running the wrong client. I also tried my old titanium install that i used to use and the same thing with that. No client errors and no indication that MQ2 is seeing an EQ is running at all no matter what i do.

Anyway, if theres any more information i can provide please let me know. Thanks in advance.

-Kriptik
Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:04 am
Make sure you have the correct MQ2 version based on your client. There are different versions for Titanium, SoF, SoD, UF and RoF. Downloading and running a version made for UF won't work when you try your old Titanium client.

While you are at it, make sure your your EQ is the officially supported version. It's possible to have a copy of UF and it's simply not compatible with EQEmulator servers (which means it won't be compatible with the MQ2 versions found here). This is especially true of the RoF client. The version downloadable today isn't the version supported by either EQEmulators or MQ2. Make sure you didn't accidentally patch to the live servers.

Lastly, make sure your anti-virus package didn't do anything to interfere with EQ/MQ2. My anti-virus has the ability to sandbox any application, preventing it from interacting with the OS, other applications, or the hard drive. No errors are given but it will cause the issues you describe.

If, after checking all the above, you still have issues, then we need more info. What client are you using? What MQ2 version are you using? What plugins are being run? Do you use WinEQ2? Do you use ISBoxer?

Here's what happened and I've had this issue before. If i forget to load MQ2 first before i load EQ and then load MQ2 before my EQ has completely closed, it will cause MQ2 to stop working. After I've done this once, MQ simply wont appear in EQ, even when I load everything the right way. I know i shouldnt load MQ when EQ is up and i should load it first.

There is no need to close EQ if you forget to start MQ2. Simply start MQ2 and it will load and attach itself to all open EQ instances.
Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 am
Senior Project Member
Not sure why i didnt think of this earlier. I ran my system restore and rolled my comp back a few days. Everything works like it has been.

Thank you for the responses. Im not sure why this happened but it seems to be fixed so I'm happy
Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:27 pm
Same Problem here
I'm having exact same problem. My was caused by stupidity (LOL) I was adding/installing The Hidden Forest Installer. I use the wrong client type. I used the Titanium client installer when I should have used Underfoot. Any ways after deleting and replacing the correct files back to original it stop connecting.

I am download a new installation of underfoot right now. I was wondering where can I get MQ2 EQBCS to match my new client?
Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:38 pm
Eqbcs/eqbcserver is client independent. The version in every download is identical (at least it should be!).
Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:55 pm
Project Lead
It turned out to be the EQ client. I guess me installing the wrong filled into it made a mess out of it, But it working fine now :-)
Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:37 am
Errors MQ2 issue